Epilogue

Life has been beautiful for Abubakar and Madina but there is one problem.

Madina couldn't get pregnant.

It has been five years now. Madina's in-laws have been disturbing them about a child and it was really depressing.

Abubakar have been really considerate and have decided that he's not getting married again.

Madina though kept suggesting he gets another wife since she couldn't give him a child.

" Baby, I have told you times with out number stop suggesting I get another wife." Abubakar said.

" I know but maybe the problem is from me. I might be the one who can't conceive as a result of the previous miscarriage I had." Madina said

" No, you are not the problem. We have seen a lot of doctors for you to believe that, haven't we?" He asked, frustrated.

" Yes, but maybe I am not to give birth now or even forever. " She said trying to explain to him.

" Thank God, you said maybe. And I am telling you this for the last time. I am not getting another WIFE." He said emphasizing on the word wife.

" Okay then. May God help us." She said giving up.

With that, the couples went to bed.

Next Morning
After Fajr prayers, the couples decided to go back to sleep since it is weekend meaning no work for both of them.

As they were sleeping, Madina heard a knock on the door and got off the bed to check who was there.

She opened the door and met the last person she expected to see that early in the morning.

Her Mother-in-law.

" Good morning, Mama" she said immediately she recovered from her shock.

" Hold your greetings, Munafuka. I am here to see my son." She said still standing in front of the bedroom door.

" Okay, let me tell him so he can meet you downstairs." Madina said not trying to sound offensive.

" hmmm, you are truly shameless. So you are telling me to wait till he wakes up, huh?" She asked raising her voice which made Abubakar wake up.

" Baby who is there?" He asked.

" Shut your mouth you stupid boy and come with me this minute. And warn your barren wife to stop being disrespectful to me." Mama said leaving there while Abubakar stood up and followed her.

He followed her to the sitting room upstairs and sat beside the couch she was sitting on.

" Toh, the reason I am here this morning is to tell you that you need another wife because I need a grandchild from my only son. You cannot keep living like this. You need a child." Mama said.

" Mama, everything shall come to pass. What if the problem is from me?" He asked her.

" Keep quiet, do you think I don't know you have gone to a lot of doctors for check ups and everything is fine. All I am saying is try another woman." She said standing up.

" You have two months to bring me a girl you want to marry or I will help you with that." She said and left him in a deep thought.

After a while, he went back to their bedroom where he found Madina deep in thoughts.

"Wifey, what are you thinking about this much that you didn't even see your hubby enter the room?" He asked her being all whiny.

"Nothing," she said and beamed at him.

He knows very well that behind that smile is a sad expression.

He strode towards the bed and sat beside her.

"My love, I know it's been hard for you but trust me. God knows what's going on, okay? Let's take this as a test from God." He said looking deeply in to her eyes as if searching for soul in them.

" Okay," Was the only reply he got from her.

They sat them in each other's arms with silence surrounding them.

After a while, Madina pulled out of the hug silently and went to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

Her brand has been doing well over the years and she couldn't be happier. She has invested a lot of time, money and energy in it. You could say she has started reaping the fruit of her labour.

She finished dressing her self and went out of the room only for her to see Abubakar in deep thoughts.

She knows it's disturbing him and she wish that he follows what his mom told him. Parents are not something to joke with.

She feels like he deserves better. And if the better means getting a second wife, then so be it.

"My love, go get ready. I will prepare breakfast for you." She said and wit that she left the room to go to the kitchen.

She will try everything in her power to see he gets a woman that can bear him children. Even if it means pushing him away.

She decided to make pancakes and some scrambled eggs with coffee for breakfast.

Immediately she finished setting the table, Abubakar came to the dinning room and sat down.

She served him in silence and turned to walk away when he held her hand.

"Wifey, what is the problem? Aren't you hungry?" He asked her worried.

The last time she refused to eat, she had to be rushed to the hospital. There, the doctor warned her not to starve herself but here she is trying to do that.

"How does that concern you?" She asked back.

" Because you are my wife and I love you." That statement almost made her forget what she is supposed to do.

" Well that's your problem, mister." She said and left the dinning room.

Abubakar sat there looking at the direction she left. He was shocked beyond words. That is definitely not his wife.

He ate the food even though he lost his appetite. He can't afford to make her angry.

He is sure she will come around

********************
Alhamdullilah!!
This brings us to the end of this book. However, there will be a new book which is the sequel of this one. The new book may not be published soon because of my upcoming exams, but stay tuned till I publish it.
Thank you so much for the support and love you've shown me. I love y'all so much❤️
-Alba'u Ibrahim Abdullahi.