2. (edited)

"Emma dear wake up~" she said and started to wake her daughter while Emma just wiggled a little.

"Emm-" she couldn't finish as she heard the bell ring, she let Emma sleep and went to open the door.

"Emma!!!!! Aunt Jiya is here!!!!" while Elina stood there folding her arms near the door and shook her head looking at Jiya's childishness.

"She's still asleep, you sit I'll prepare some tea for you," she said and closed the front door.

"Okay~" said Jiya and then sat down scrolling her Instagram feed.

Soon Elina came out with the tea and saw Jiya sitting with her legs crossed and scrolling through her feeds

"You must stop getting so addicted to Instagram," she said as she placed the cups and took a seat.

"Well what can I do if you change into an old woman~," she said as she kept her phone aside and took the cup of tea.

"Yeah yeah~ I am an old woman now~ I said that for your good, you must know it well as a doctor yourself!!" she said and took a sip of her tea.

Jiya kept her cup down and looked towards Elina with an unknowing expression which somewhat sad sadness "You've changed so much...."

"Oh gosh Jiya just because I told you not to use Instagram, I changed so much-" she laughed at it.

Jiya shook her head slowly held Elina's hand and said with a serious look "No Elina you know very well what I am talking about..."

"Why don't you just try to-"

"No, I won't, especially when I have Emma's responsibilities on me," "I used to think about it before but I can't anymore" Elina said as she looked at Jiya with a serious look.

"Elina it is not like I dislike Emma rather I love her but, for once just think about yourself" Jiya asked with a sad tone tone feeling sympathetic for her friend.

"I know but-" She stopped trying to think of something to speak while Jiya continued.

"But what Elina?" 

"What if someday she comes ba-" Jiya's words got cut off as she heard Emma.

"Aunt Jiya!!!!" said Emma while rubbing her and came towards them and hugged Jiya

"How are you Emma?" said Jiya while changing her mood

"I am fine Aunty, where is Uncle Ross?" asked the little girl

"He has gone to work," she said and ruffled Emma's hair while Emma mouthed an O.

"You know yesterday I saw your high school pictures!!" she exclaimed while Jiya smiled towards her "Really?!!" she asked while Emma nodded her head "Yes Mumma was telling me about everyone" she said as she looked towards Elina who was lost in her thoughts and her eyes brimmed with tears which Emma seemed to notice.

What if Emma too leaves me...?

"Mumma are you crying??" she asked while Elina fixed herself and with a broken throat she spoke "No dear..... Something went inside my eyes" she said as she passed a small smile.

While Jiya just looked towards her friend sympathetically as she knew she couldn't do anything much.

"Oh~ is it an ouchie? Shall I bring a cloth for you?" Emma asked cutely making Elina chuckle.

 "By the way, Jiya what brought you here??" Elina said as she looked towards Jiya who remembered why she had come and took something from her bag, it was a card. She gave it to Elina and said "Ross and I are getting married next week. And as I had promised the first invitation card goes to you" she said with a smile

"That's the greatest news I've heard today!! We will surely come!!!" she said excitedly with a wide smile.

"Aunty, Can I invite my friend also??"

"Yes for sure!!" said Jiya with a smile.

"Okay then I'll get going" Jiya said and headed towards the door while Elina and Emma followed her till there

Just then Emma spoke "Aunty did you ask Papa uncle?" she said as she made a pout.

"Uncle already informed him dear" she assured while Elina smiled towards her and Emma gave a boxy smile.

"Congratulations again and make sure to bring Ross the next time" Elina said with a small smile.

"Yes and just take care, Elina..." Jiya said and then went.

While Elina just closed the door and came with Emma

"Mom are you hurt??" Emma suddenly asked

How badly Elina wished to say to her that yes!! Yes she is hurt

But she just plastered a smile on her face and said "No dear if you're with me I can never be sad. You'll never leave me right??" she asked trying to soothe her insecurity.

"No Mom I'll never leave your side, I'll always be with you," Emma said and hugged Elina

Elina pulled out of the hug, placed a soft kiss on Emma's forehead and said

Me neither dear. I will never leave you.

To be continued