18.

What is this happening?

Elina's thoughts got broken as she heard her phone ringing and asked Kevin to hold the ice bag, which he did she took the call turned to the opposite side and started talking.

"Hello, who's this?" Elina asked

"Hello, Elina it's me; Jiya" Jiya informed her from another side while Elina again checked her phone to see an unknown number on the screen and then asked her.

"Is this your new number?" Elina asked but then spoke again after a shrug "Let it be, did you reach safely?" Elina asked one after the other not letting Jiya answer

"Yeah, I have reached safely thanks to Jason," She said while Elina frowned "Jason?" 

"Yeah, surprisingly he is the one, the shopkeeper was talking about and right now my battery was dead, so I borrowed his phone to ask you if everything is alright?" Jiya asked while Jason too looked towards Jiya in anticipation.

I hope she is fine...

"Yeah everything is okay, Kevin and I just headed out...." Elina said 

"Relief to hear it, and yeah the most important thing is-" Jiya paused while Elina already expected the answer as she widened her eyes.

"Oh no!! Please tell me that you did not!!" she said as she unknowingly turned her towards Kevin's direction, who got flustered and looked at the other side. While she didn't care much about it as her discussion with Jiya was more important. 

"Sorry but I had to, how can I not!! Aunt was asking so many questions~" She shook her head as she continued "But now what matters is that they came to know that you aren't at my place so I had to tell her everything," Jiya said while Elina closed her eyes in annoyance as she huffed "Uh!!" she faked a cry.

"You better, get ready on how to convince her" Jiya said while Elina just hummed from the other side. 

"Okay then, I'll just hang the call. Bye take care" Jiya said

"Yeah you too take care" Elina said and then hung up the call "Let's go" she told Kevin who just nodded his head and followed her.

---------------

"Here, thank you" Jiya said as she gave Jason his phone

"Is sh- uhm I mean are they still at the hospital?" Jason asked while taking the phone

"Yeah" she shrugged "They'll leave now...." She then continued

"Oh.... Okay then bye and take care" Jason said as he wore his helmet

"You too, take care." Jiya said while Jason nodded his head and drove away; while Jiya too went inside her house.

-------

Pov: Inside the taxi

Elina laid her head on the seat as she closed her eyes, while still applying the ice bag. Kevin looked at his watch, he saw the time and then sighed. His eyes then went towards Elina, who had now stopped massaging with the ice bag, probably indicating she was asleep.

Sometimes she makes me question her...

He thought as he shook his head but then again looked at her carefully

She looks so cute, just like a pufferfish. 

Kevin thought as he smiled by himself; he then saw something on her cheek and was about to remove it but, just as he forwarded his hand to touch her cheeks, Elina opened her eyes while Kevin widened his eyes but his hands stayed in the same position and just then the driver passed through a speed bump which made Elina slide over to Kevin.