25

"Elina, go open the door, they must've come." Mrs Charles said as she was preparing the lunch on the table since she invited her friend and family to their house for lunch. 

On the other hand, Elina was about to take a dumpling but even before her hands could touch it, Sia hit her hand as she motioned Elina to go and open the door, while Elina pouted as she went to open the door. 

She opened the door and saw a lady somewhere near her mother's age along with a girl, who looked almost their age, Elina smiled as she welcomed them in "Good afternoon" Elina wished while the lady and her daughter probably, both smiled as they wished her back; they came in and Mrs Charles quickly came near her friend as she hugged her "Mrs Mallie!! How are you dear?" she asked as she parted from the hug while Mrs Mallie smiled as she spoke "Better than before..." she said and then motioned the girl beside her "Meet my daughter, Beryl" Mrs Mallie said while Beryl bowed her head as she wished her "Good afternoon" she said while Mrs Charles smiled.

Then they took a seat and as they were going to sit Mrs Charles spoke "You did not bring your son?" she asked as they all sat, while Sia served them water and before even Mrs Mallie could speak the bell rang. 

"I'll check you all continue" Elina said as she went to open the door while Sia took a seat beside Mrs Charles as they all talked. 

"He went to bring something" Mrs Mallie continued while Mrs Charles nodded her head and then introduced Sia to them "By the way meet my elder daughter, Sia, she's studying journalism now," Mrs Charles said while Sia just smiled as she wished them "Good afternoon" 

"That's impressive of you" Mrs Mallie appreciated Sia who just gave a shy smile. 

On the other hand, Elina opened the door only to see Kevin standing there "Kevin?" she asked him while he nodded his head as he spoke "I came to take the photographs" he said while Elina exclaimed as she remembered "Oh right right!! I completely forgot about it!! So sorry!!" she exclaimed while he nodded as he had already expected the same "It's okay..." he said.

"Come and wait in, I'll bring the pictures till then," Elina said while Kevin shook his head "It is alright I'll wait here you go and bring," he said "Pfft, just come in," she said as she held his shirt and pulled him inside along with her. 

Elina came in along with Kevin and saw her mother and Mrs Mallie talking; Mrs Charles looked at Elina and then towards Kevin as she said "Kevin is here?" she asked while Elina nodded as she spoke "Yeah, he came to take the project. So, I thought not to make him wait outside" she said. In contrast, Mrs Charles nodded and just then Kevin bowed his head as he wished her "I am sorry I couldn't bring anything along with me" he said. At the same time, Mrs Charles smiled towards him "It is okay!! Have a seat" she said while just then Elina asked "Sia and Beryl are upstairs?" she asked while Mrs Charles nodded "Yeah" she said while Elina nodded as she went upstairs.

Kevin was about to sit but just then his eyes went towards Mrs Mallie as he raised his brows in surprise, while Mrs Mallie too had kind of same reaction "Kevin? How are you dear?" she called his name with a small smile as she asked him, and by now Elina stopped on her tracks as she looked back; while Kevin answered her politely. 

"I am fine. I thought to visit you after the surgery but then..." he said while Mrs Mallie nodded her head as she spoke "It's okay dear" She gave a smile while Mrs Charles looked towards Mrs Mallie as she spoke "You know him?" she asked while Mrs Mallie smiled "Yeah, he is my son's friend" she said while Mrs Charles nodded her head and then spoke again "Kevin, why don't you join us? Mrs Mallie would you mind?" she asked while Mrs Mallie immediately shook her head "Of course no!! I'd love if Kevin joined us; the more the merrier" she said while Kevin, even though he did not want to he agreed to join because he didn't want to hurt their feelings.