17.

"Die you bitch!!" he shouted as he came towards her while Elina turned back and widened her eyes as she saw him and couldn't react as it was too quick.

Is it- the end for me?

Elina closed her eyes thinking she would be attacked by the knife now, but then she heard the knife dropping and slowly opened her eyes just to see Kevin strangling the man in front of her.

"Are you okay??" he asked her still strangling the man, while she just nodded her head unconsciously since her full focus was on Kevin. 

Flashback

Jiya called the police and quickly came in front of the store but couldn't see anyone, she was about to go inside the store to call the shopkeeper at least, but then she looked at the door and it said. 

Washroom break

"Argh!!!" Jiya shouted as she pulled her hair and started to think

What do I do?? Whom do I call??

Jiya couldn't think much and was going to go out of the store's area, to call someone for help but, just then she saw Kevin coming towards the store she widened her eyes as she thanked god. 

"Thank God" 

"Kevin!!!" she shouted his name and ran towards him.

Kevin Pov

I was going towards the convenience store to buy something for myself but, then I saw Jiya running towards me, I frowned in confusion.

"What happened Jiya?" I asked her 

Third person pov

"Elina- Elina-" She was about to say but Kevin's eyes widened panicking.

"What happened to her?!!" He asked concerned.

"Actually...." Jiya briefed him about the whole situation.

"This girl-" Kevin said under his breath as he dropped his bag on the ground and rushed towards that old room behind the store while, Jiya looked at his bag and decided to carry his bag also.

She then started to follow him but, just then she saw the store manager going inside she looked towards Kevin's fading figure and then back towards the store; she gave a thought but then just decided to go towards the manager.

"Sir I need your help...." Jiya said as she carried three of the bags and released a sigh.

Flashback over

"Are you okay??" he asked her still strangling the man, while she just nodded her head unconsciously since her full focus was on Kevin. 

I could've died if it weren't for him...

"Where's the other girl?" Kevin asked Elina "Huh? Oh-" she said as she went back toward the girl only to see that she had fainted.

"Oh no!!" Elina said as she placed her head on her lap and started to pat her cheeks

"Hey- can you hear me?" But the girl didn't respond and however, she was completely drenched in sweat.

While the man tried to hold Kevin's hand, asking him to stop strangling him which Kevin did. But, soon after that Kevin punched the man; making him unconscious with just one move.

"Kevin!!! She's not opening her eyes!!!" Elina said while Kevin immediately left the man to lie down unconscious there and came towards her

"I guess she fainted due to panic, maybe? Let's just take her to the hospital." Kevin said as he looked towards Elina who nodded her head.