23

"A beach!!" Elina exclaimed as they came to a beach while Kevin nodded his head. Elina ran towards the seashore she smiled wide while Kevin smiled a little looking at her and just then Elina looked towards him while he normalised his face. 

"We'll click pictures of sunset?!" she asked while he nodded his head "Something else is also there..." he said while she widened her eyes "What!!" she asked while he averted his gaze and spoke "Surprise," he said slowly with a shy tone, while she pouted but then just gave up "Fine!! Let's click the picture of this and then just sit here?" she asked while he nodded his head. 

[AN: Luckily there were very few people on the beach as it wasn't a popular one and was known only to the locals]

They both started clicking the pictures and were done by now. Elina turned to look and saw Kevin's camera towards her as she laughed "Dumbo!! You don't need to click my pictures" she said as she laughed and shook her head while Kevin was flustered and then touched the nape of his neck as he looked at some other side "I was not clicking your picture" he said "Poor me~" she said and laughed little as she sat down while Kevin looked and saw her sitting so he too sat beside her and then they watched the sunset together. 

"It feels so beautiful and peaceful..." Elina said as she closed her eyes while Kevin glanced at her face as he smiled a little "Yes" he said and then looked at the front. 

-Time skip-

The sun had already set and it had become dark resembling the night which is when Elina and Kevin stood up to go "Okay then let's get going?!" she said and was about to go in the other direction and that was when Kevin caught her wrist lightly making her stop. She frowned as she looked at his hand and then towards him "What happened?" she asked while Kevin left her wrist and then clutched onto his bag as he spoke "There's something left..." he said while she widened her eyes in surprise. 

He then asked her to follow him, he was walking towards the left corners of the beach and finally stopped making her bump into his broad back "We're still at the beach?" she asked as she thought of some other surprise and that was when Kevin took a step back making the Elina get a clear view of the beach water.

She first tried to see with a frown which soon got replaced by a wide smile and charms as she looked at Kevin excitedly and happily "Is it a plankton beach?!" she asked while he nodded his head and that was when she hugged him "Thank you!! I always wanted to visit this!!" she said and then parted from the hug while Kevin gulped by the sudden interaction. Elina then looked at the plankton beach with teary eyes as she went near the water and that was when Kevin came back to earth.

He still had a light shade of pink around his cheek showing how flustered he was and then he saw Elina enjoying the water, he looked at her from afar as he took his camera and clicked some pictures of Elina

But after a few clicks when he tried to zoom over to her face he saw a few tears on her face. He zoomed more with a frown and worry as he realised Elina was crying. He immediately kept the camera near his bag and went towards her.

---While Elina's point of view---

I couldn't believe my eyes as I saw a plankton beach in front of me, I felt a rush of emotions within me. I was so happy and emotional as it brought me memories of my childhood which I always wished for.

I was so glad and thankful for Kevin.

"Thank you!! I always wanted to revisit this!!" I said and then went to the water as I wanted to touch the lighted water as it'd bring me more memories. Memories filled with laughter and my parents...

It was then that I realised that I had come here before with my parents, and the last time I visited this beach was two days before my parents passed away...

Even if their voices have been fading from my mind, their touch of warmth is erased from me; I could still feel those memories come back after feeling the lighted water on my hand.

I felt as if they were here, somewhere near me among these waters, in these waves; watching me. 

I didn't even realize but tears started to fall from my eyes, I wanted to wipe them, stop them from coming out but nothing worked maybe it was them who wanted to keep a part of me with them. Maybe they wanted my tears to stay with them in this ocean filled with our memories...

---Third person's point of view--- 

Kevin quickly came near Elina with worry and he cupped her face with his hand "Is something wrong?" he asked Elina, while she looked up into his eyes and just then, a few tears fell from her eyes, Kevin wiped them with his thumb as he immediately hugged her while Elina just cried quietly. Kevin didn't ask her about anything nor did he do anything special, he just kept on hugging her; giving her an emotion that she always wanted when she felt alone; when she felt she had no one to be with. 

Kevin himself didn't know why or what he was doing. He had never comforted anyone before, neither did he know how to console someone but how did he manage to help Elina regardless of how broken he was, regardless of not knowing how healing means he tried to help her. And this was the start of something.

-Time Skip-

"I- um-" Elina stopped in between as she couldn't find any words to speak "It's okay, you don't have to explain anything..." he said while Elina looked up towards him while he tried to give a smile towards her for the first time, while she laughed in between her tears looking at his struggle; while Kevin was relieved as she finally smiled. 

Soon after Elina calmed she gave a genuine smile towards him "Thank you" she said while he nodded his head while Elina continued to smile at him.

*To be continued*