16.

I am sorry Aaron, for failing as a friend....

-----

The lunch break was over, and everyone was getting ready for their next class. 

Hana came a little early before the break got over and saw Jiya and Elina, they chatted a little until the break got over; and once it got over Hana went for her music lecture where she usually practices piano, while Jiya went to her dance class and Elina headed to her art class with all her stuff.

Elina was going towards her art class but then her eyes went towards the window, she peeked from the window and saw a familiar figure sleeping in the wooden garden chair near the garden and just shook her head.

"Does he not have any lecture or what?" Elina talked to herself as she scoffed looking at his figure.

"Elina, what are you doing here? Won't you come to art class?" Kait, one of Elina's classmates asked; she had the same lecture as Elina. 

"Uh- yeah, let's go," Elina said as she took a last glance towards Jason with a slight pout and then went along with Kait.

Jason who had an intense argument with Kevin decided to bunk his class and lay in the school garden chair, earphones plugged in with his eyes closed; and thoughts going around in his mind.

Was I too harsh on Kevin? 

No- he deserved it!!

-------

Elina entered the class along with Kait, she was smiling as she came to her seat after talking to Kait, while Kevin saw her coming inside and made space beside himself, not trying to show any expression of curiousness on his face.

While Elina eventually came and sat beside him with a sigh. Kevin looked towards her with the corner of his eyes and then cleared his voice trying to get her attention "Um- are you upset that I had your journal?" he asked her finally getting the courage while Elina just gave him a look and then continued to take out her stuff.

"Well, I WAS annoyed but, then I thought you wouldn't be so interested to read my journal at least~," she said and then finally looked towards him while he gulped as he touched the nape of his neck and nodded his head.

"But I am surprised by the change in your behaviour like really!!" she told him in complete disbelief while he looked at her as he spoke while blinking his eyes "It takes time for me to know humans" he said being flustered while she burst out laughing.

"Humans? Hahaha," She laughed at him and then controlled herself. "Okay okay, so that means you're comfortable with this human now?" she asked him while pointing towards herself.

"Maybe," he said as he tried to avert his gaze from her.

"Miracles do happen I guess~," Elina said as she shrugged but then just smiled while shaking her head. 

"Then, let's introduce each other again. Not as humans but, friends?" she asked him.

He nodded his head, still not making any eye contact while she smiled.

"Hi, I am Elina" Elina said as she forwarded her hand, while he looked at her hand then towards her and then slowly forwards his hand as he spoke. 

"Kevin"

He shook hands with a shy look while Elina had a wide smile on her face.