13.

"It was her all the time?"

"No wonder, she looked familiar..." Kevin said as he took the diary along with the photograph in his hand and, comfortably sat on his sofa.

He hummed as he took a look at the picture.

It was Elina's family picture, her parents stood beside each other. Her mother who looked skinnier, was smiling without showing her teeth. At the same time, her father had done a nice shave and stood with a huge grin on his face. 

He saw two girls in the picture and, without even trying he knew which one was Elina; He saw the other girl probably her sister standing with her back straight and with an obedient look on her face, she looked quite older than Elina. And then there was Elina, who had chubby fluffy cheeks just like marshmallows, and she had short hair; However, unlike her parents or sister, she had a very different pose during the picture; she had her mouth opened in a way; as if she was shouting.

Kevin smiled, looking at the picture as he shook his head. 

He then looked for his phone in his pockets and took it out; he then kept the picture on the table and clicked a picture of Elina from the photo. He smiled and then kept his phone back. 

He then opened her diary and placed the picture where it was mentioned.

~MY FIRST DIARY~

Family photo - " "

However, after keeping the picture back in its place, he got an urge to peek inside.

"Well, it is just her childhood diary. Nothing is wrong in reading it right~" he said trying to convince himself.

Unlike other journals or diaries, he saw her diary was filled with drawings and doodling with few remarks.

He was surprised to see her drawings, they were way too good and cute than he had expected.

Few doodling made him giggle. 

He turned a few more pages but then saw a drawing that surprised him, he frowned as he looked closely at it. He saw a few things written also.

Today, Caramel Candy promised to marry me.

I forgot to ask his name T-T

He again looked towards the drawing and his mind clicked to something. 

Flashback

Kevin who was 7 years old, was so busy in his thoughts that he lost track of his home and came to an unknown place. He stopped as he looked around his surroundings. He frowned as he realised he was lost, he ran in front to find an exit but soon heard small cries. He looked back and followed the cries, and then at last he stood in front of a girl, who after seeing a pair of shoes in front of her looked up just to cry more. 

"Hey- hey stop crying... What happened?" he said trying to calm her, while squatting in front of her. She sniffed as she stopped crying. Kevin closed his eyes as he traced his hands through his pockets and then slowly asked her as he passed her the candies "Do- you want these?" he said as he passed the candies to the girl who wiped her tears as she took a look towards the candies; it was a pack of 10 caramel candies and then slowly nodded her head.

Kevin gave her the candies and then asked her. 

"Why were you crying?" 

"Are you lost?" 

He asked her while the girl nodded her head; Kevin sighed. 

"Okay, so let us get out of here?" he asked her as he stood up while the girl held his hand as she shook her head, making him frown. 

"What happened? Don't you wanna go back?" he asked while she nodded her head in affirmative. 

"Then what happened? Let's go" he said again while she spoke for the the first time. 

"My sister" she continued again "She told me to wait here. What- what if she doesn't find me?" she asked while Kevin understood the situation as he spoke "Then- when you go home just tell your parents to come back and find her here okay?" he asked while she just pouted and nodded her head. 

After trying hard they both left the place; Kevin tried to talk to her so that she can feel better, which seemed to work. He also came to know that her sister kept her waiting since morning and felt bad for her. 

He however took her to her home. She turned towards Kevin and gave a smile "Thank you!!" she said as she bowed; while he smiled little as he patted her head. 

"Are you going?" she asked with a pout while he nodded his head "But, I want you to stay with me~" she asked being sad "That is not possible...." he said while the girl made a sad expression but then soon exclaimed. 

"But!! You can marry me, then we will be together!!" she said with shining eyes while he shook his head "That is not possible, we're too young" he said, thinking that she'll stop talking about it but she spoke again making him surprise. 

"Okay then promise me that you will marry me once we grow old!!" she said as she forwarded her pinky finger while he was about to reject it, but sighed seeing her all excited and forwarded his pinky finger and closed it with her forming a promise. 

"Promise..." 

He said while she smiled as she ran round and round around him. 

Flashback over

Kevin smiled sadly remembering about one of those few happy moments of his life, as he looked towards the space but soon shook his head as he closed her diary thinking to not read any further. 

"I wonder if everything's alright between her sister and her now..." he said as he stood up and kept the diary in his bag. 

---------Time Skip----------

"I know it now..." He said as he lay on his bed and looked towards the ceiling

"I have to protect the girl I have been searching for long...."

He said and then closed his eyes

Time skip to the next day (Thursday) at school

Elina came a little early today, she yawned as she entered the classroom early with a helmet in her hand; she looked here and there and saw no one had arrived yet and kept the helmet on Jason's desk placing a sticky note on its cover with a beautiful note written by her.

She sighed in relief and then turned behind only to get startled.

"Holy Shit!! What the F" She said as she placed her hand on her chest trying to calm her heartbeat.

"Miss Elina cursing- that too early morning?" Said the voice while folding his hand near his chest; Elina scoffed as she rolled her eyes "Yeah yeah!! I know it!! But, how could I not curse when you were standing behind me like a ghost!!" She said as she glared at him.

"Okay so, it is my fault now?" he asked her while she just shook her head as she went to her seat. 

"First you pushed me in the car and then cursed at me early morning~ This isn't Elina-like behaviour~" he said with a shrug Elina looked up to speak to Kevin but then saw something familiar on his hand "Look am sorry- How the heck did you even get it!!" Elina said as she stood up and tried to get a hold of her diary; while Kevin just raised his hand.

While Elina was done with his new behaviour and spoke "Now this isn't Kevin-like behaviour!! Just give it back to me" she said as she jumped to get her journal, while Kevin raised his hand more.

"Kevin give it back" she said and jumped to take it, but however twisted her foot and was about to fall which Kevin noticed and pulled her toward himself, making her bump into his chest.

She looked towards him with her doe eyes and blinked while he stared at her.

How come I never realised, you were the one I had been finding...

To be continued

AN: Okay shall I write behind the shoot or something like that?

--------