Dinner Time and Chats

(POV:Reader)

-"Are you hungry dear?" Merid's mother asked, I nodded a yes.

-"Well come on dear, let's get you cleaned up, we'll have dinner shortly!" 

I took a bath and hid my necklace in my hand as Merid's mom helped me get into a dark blue dress with gold borders. I twirled a bit in my dress before facing her again,

-"I have a question?" I asked, looking up at her.

-"Yes, dear?" she replied, kneeling down to my height.

-"I don't really know your names, and I would very much like to know" 

-"Ohh! That's very nice of you"

-"Well I'm Queen Elinor, my husband the man you saw earlier is King Fergus and lastly is Prince Merid, who I'm assuming you already know." she explained as she began to brush my hair.

-"And I would very much like to know you" she smiled softly, but her question made me feel nervous.

I wanted to talk to her, but I felt scared that she wouldn't like me if she found out who dad was. I also don't know what to say to her. What was I supposed to say, that my mom died because of my dad and that he was a bear and that he somehow only remembers me and that they had attacked him earlier. Thinking about my options I decided to tell her the truth...partly.

-"I'm Y/n, m-my parents are gone, we lived in this pretty castle but it got destroyed" I half-explained remembering the story mum told me.

-"So when it was destroyed me and mom lived in a little house until we were attacked, a-and I was able to escape because my mom saved me a-and" 

-"Ohh! I'm so sorry sweetheart don't cry it'll be okay" she assured, while hugging me tightly.

-"You are a very brave and strong girl, you know that right?" I looked up at her from the hug.

-"T-Thank you" 

-"Now, come one, let's go have dinner, you must be famished" she mumbled, standing up and brushed down her dress.

I nodded happily, put the necklace on and tucked it in my dress in order to hold her hand as we walked to what I assumed was the dining room.

(A/N):

Finally out of school! I wish you all happy holiday and a good winter beak!

I will be posting another part today!

Bye!