Clans Arrival Part 2

(POV:Reader)

After Elinor had left, Merid looked sad and disappointed at his mothers words. Made sense, even I was waiting for her to say something different. I walked towards him and gave him a tight hug which seemed to startle him a bit, but he returned the gesture wrapping his hands around my waist and hiding his face in my hair. We hugged for a bit until I pulled back and laughed.

-"I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously with your hair like this" I mumbled in between my laughter, he playfully pushed me and huffed annoyed.

-"Don't worry I'll fix it" I hummed as I moved his hair around to be more like his regular hairstyle, but still fancy enough to pass by Elinor's expectations.

-"Thanks" he mumbled as he tugged at his shirt collar.

-"We should start going..." I was reminded that we were on a tight schedule as we began to walk to the door.

I was stopped when I was pulled back a bit from Merid's hands wrapping around my waist. He hugged me for a while and we both kept silent.

-"I-I don't want to do this" he whispered to me, his voice almost fragile.

-"I know but I...I don't know what we can do to stop it" I sighed out. 

I turned around and kissed his cheek before taking his hand to walk to the throne room. Once we got there Elinor was telling everyone to get ready as Fergus and the triplets sat in their seats.

 Merid sat down slouching, I stood by his chair giving his hand a gentle squeeze and telling him to sit up better. He gave me a sad smile and fixed his posture. I looked around the room and began to play with my necklace, getting nervous from waiting for the clan's arrival.

-"I look fine, woman! Let me be!" I heard Fergus yell out as he slouched deeper into his chair.

Merid gave a small laugh but was interrupted when a loud sound was heard as the doors opened letting in the 3 clans. People cheered and Fergus began to stand up to address the crowd.

-"So, here we are, the four clans!" he announced, grasping everyone's attention.

-"Uh Gathering...for the..."

-"For....the...uh" he hesitated, almost questioning the crowd for what to say.

Elinor facepalmed, ashamed and embarrassed by Fergus stuttering and forgetfulness. She stood up and stood alongside Fergus and continued for him.

-"The presentation of the suitresses!" she continued excitedly.

-"Yeah...The presentation of the suitresses!" Fergus repeated after her.

-"Clan Macintosh" he announced and the clan began to cheer.

-"Your majesties I present to you my heir and maiden, who defended our land from northern invaders, and with her sword, stabbed and vanquished a thousand foes!" their leader proudly bragged as the crowd cheered when a girl with raven locks of hair stepped forward and displayed her sword skills.

-"You have better skills than she does" Merid whispered to me which made me blush bright red. I looked away from him embarrassed, which caused him to chuckle only making me turn redder.

-"Clan Macguffin" Fergus announced and the cheers continued.

-"Your majesties, I present my eldest daughter, who scuttled viking war ships with her bare hands, and vanquished two thousand foes," their leader told us as he patted his daughters back as she looked around nervously and gulped. The blond haired girl then broke a tree log she was holding and the crowd cheered which caused her to crack a smile. I looked down at Merid as he looked at me, he gave me a 'I'm bored' look which I just giggled to.

-"Clan Dingwall" 

-"I present my only daughter," the leader started off, waving his hand back for his daughter to come forward. A girl who looked nothing like him stood there with a stern expression on her face, she had raven black hair and dark blue eyes. I looked over at Elinor who just looked impressed, and then down at Merid who already looking at me with a smile. I looked at him with a confused expression, and as he was about to say something when the dingwall clan leader interrupted him.

-"Who was besieged by ten thousand romans and she took out their whole armada single-handed, with one arm she..." the leader turned to look at his daughter, but looked surprised. He then looked behind the raven haired girl and pulled a small, thin and weedy blond haired girl who looked confused, as if she didn't know what was going on.

-"With one hand she was steering the ship and with the other she held her mighty sword and struck down attacking..." the dingwall leader said but was rudely interrupted when someone yelled 'LIES'.

Lord dingwall looked around and began to question who it was and to come and face him, but no one replied. He then began to argue with the other clan leader which eventually broke into a fight. 

(A/N):

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

I will probably post tomorrow since I didn't do so on tuesday.

Bye!