Dinner Disasters Part 2

(POV:Reader)

We began to eat and Elinor hadn't looked up from her letters until Merid began to grab more sweets than actual food.

-"Hungry, aren't we?" she asked, her eyes still down at the pile of letters.

-"Mom!" he complained.

-"You'll get dreadful gollywobbles!" she continued.

-"Oh Fergus! Will you look at your son's plate!" she sighed while pointing to Merid's plate.

-"So what?" he answered. I looked over at Fergus's plate and saw that he wasn't eating any better than Merid.

Marid and I share a glance, then he looks and signals to his brothers to look under the table while I slide a plate of sweets under. They share a look again and his brother's sneak under to begin the plan. Seconds after Maudie comes to hand 3 letters to Elinor.

-"Milady" she mumbles to get Elinors attention.

-"Thank you Maudie" Elinor replies as Maudie curtsies and walks away.

Elinor reads the letter covers and looks up happily and slightly surprised. Seconds after the dogs come in barking, slobbering and taking Fergus's food. 'The triplets doing' I thought while giggling quietly.

-"Aha! From the lords Macintosh, MacGuffin, Dingwall, these are their responses, no doubt." Elinor said, attempting to get everyone's attention.

But she failed terribly because Fergus was still trying to get the dogs away, Merid was talking to me and eating and the triplets...I'm not sure what they were doing but I know it was going to be no good for sure.

-"They've all accepted!" She cheered really excitedly.

-"Who's accepted what, mother?" Merid asked.

-"Boys, you are excused. Y/n dear, you are excused as well." she excused us and the triplets scrambled to leave.

-"No! Y/n can stay." Merid told her, looking at me for a momment.

-"N-No it's okay it's family matters, and must be important if you couldn't let the triplets stay. So I'll take my leave" I began to stand up when Merid lightly grabbed my hand and asked me to stay once again.

-"Alright, I'll stay" I mumbled quietly, giving in to the look he was giving me. I gave him a soft smile and sat back down on my chair.

Elinor looked at us both for a moment, but quickly cleared her throat and continued on with her conversation.

-"Your father has something to discuss with you." she announced, and seconds after Fergus's eyes widened and suddenly spit his drink out.

(A/N):

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Bye!