Don't Underestimate Part 1

(POV:Reader)

I walked to my room and washed up, changing into a simple dark blue dress with white lacing. I walked around the castle wondering off not paying attention where I was going. Which wasn't very practical because I ended up bumping into someone. I looked up and to my relief it was Fergus.

-"I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was going"

-"It's alright lass, you look out of sorts"

-"Y-yeah, I was but it's nothing I'm better now"

-"Alright, I won't push it just make sure you talk to someone because keeping it in only hurts you more"

That was one of the things I liked about Fergus, he always treated me like kindly and gave good talks and advice when needed. 

-"You know I could really use a distraction right now, how 'bout you give me the fighting lesson right now?" I asked. trying to push off the previous topic.

-"Off course lassie let's get Merid, after the talk with his mother I think he needs the distraction more than anyone"

I smiled softly as we walked off in search of Merid. In the middle of searching I suggested that we split up, he would arrange the targets and stuff and I would look for Merid and meet him there. I eventually found him and dragged him over to the arena.

-"Why are we here?" Merid asked as we made our way to the far end where Fergus was.

-"Fergus is going to teach me fighting and shooting"

-"You know, you never told me what else you know how to do"

-"All I know right now is that you can shoot on point and your sword skills are pretty good too."

-"Pretty good? I disarmed you faster than you could ever do to me" 

-"I was distracted and you did it out of nowhere. I wasn't even paying attention, and that still doesn't answer my question" he mumbled, giving me a light push forward.

-"Then you'll just have to wait and see," I replied, a sly smile pulling my lips.

-"You're very child-some sometimes, you know that?"

-"I know but you love it" I tease, not noticing the pink of his cheeks.

(A/N):

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Chapter's will be really inconsistent this month, it's an important month for me but I'll try and update when I can. February we'll bring back the 5 days a week updates. 

Bye!