Kryptarium Prison Blues

(Skylor, Lilly, Blackmagic, & Dareth arrive at Kryptarium Prison.)

Dareth: Hi there. I'm here in an official capacity to see my clients for a legal consultation.

Officer: Lawyer? You look more like a second-rate karaoke club owner or something.

Dareth: I'll have you know I happen to be a first-rate owner of a second-rate karaoke club, thank you very much! Oh, and also a lawyer. (He shows him his card.)

Officer: Seems to be in order.

(In the visiting room, Dareth speaks to the ninja.)

Dareth: Okay, guys. I know things look grim, but don't worry. The ol' brown ninja's got your back. I've been doing tons of research.

Lloyd: Great! What's the plan?

Dareth: We have to file for something called a ... a ... aha! A mistrial!

Zane: We have grounds for a mistrial? What are they?

Dareth: The very real grounds that we don't like the judge's verdict.

Zane: I regret to inform you that is not grounds for a mistrial.

Dareth: Huh? It isn't?

Skylor: Sorry to pile on the bad news, but something else happened. That king you busted in Shintaro?

Jay: Vangelis?

Cole: The Skull Sorcerer?

Blackmagic: Yeah. Last night, someone or something sprang him from prison. He disappeared.

Lloyd: The Crystal King.

Lilly: Who?

Kai: Some weirdo in a kabuki mask visited Lloyd yesterday, spouting a bunch of villain jabber.

Lilly: What is at the day me and kids. (They nod.)

Lloyd: He said someone called the Crystal King is assembling our enemies against us.

Skylor: To do what?

Lloyd: That's what we need to find out. Dareth, you gotta get us out of here to investigate this.

Dareth: I understand. You're relying on me and I won't let you down, that's a promise. I have one last strategy that just might work.

Officer: Time's up, ninja.

Dareth: Don't worry, trust me. It's a tried-and-true tactic that's worked in similar situations.

(The ninja follow the officer away, but Jay hangs back.)

Jay: How is Nya doing?

Skylor: Physically, fine. But she doesn't have her powers, and the judge won't give her permission to visit. Which is tough, because ... well ...

Jay: What?

Blackmagic: She blames herself for all of you being here. And she feels powerless to do anything about it.

Jay: Oh.

Kai: Don't worry, Jay. I know my sister. One thing about Nya: whenever she gets knocked down, she always gets back up.

Jay: I hope you're right.

(In the Monastery, Nya is packing up in her room.)

Wu: Nya, what are you doing?

Nya: Spring cleaning! Getting rid of a bunch of junk I don't need anymore.

Reese's: (Talking Dragon Language) It is not Spring it Summer.