The Last Djinn

(Two dragons fly in circles above the dragon stables in the Monastery. Inside, Zane studies the portal gate.)

Zane: Perhaps a higher frequency can elicit a response corridor. What is your assessment? (He turns to a photo of P.I.X.A.L. taped to the wall beside him and sighs.) You are right. The odds of activating the portal gate through frequency spanning is low.

(Mr. Frohicky runs into Zane while carrying a bucket of ice. He yelps and loses his balance. Zane catches him.)

Zane: Oh! Apologies, Mr. Frohicky. I did not hear you arrive.

Mr. Frohicky: I was being super quiet. (The ice block falls out of the bucket and topples down the stairs. Mr. Frohicky yelps and runs after it.) I did not want to disturb... (He trips on a stair.) Oof, oh! Whoever you were speaking to. (He yelps as he drops the ice again.)

Zane: P.I.X.A.L. She went missing when the Merge happened.

(Mr. Frohicky grabs the sliding ice block with his tongue and walks up the stairs to Zane.)

Mr. Frohicky: (Slurred.) Ah. Talking to a picture? That's totally normal. (He unsticks his tongue from the ice block.) Oh! Please tell me the picture doesn't talk back.

Zane: It does not. I find talking as if she were still here helps me solve problems... Like the problem of activating this portal gate again.

Mr. Frohicky: You've been so busy with that gate I figured you would need some extra ice.

Zane: Why would I possibly need ice?

Mr. Frohicky: You're the Ice Ninja, right? I'm sure you need a lot of it to keep your powers ready at all times.

Zane: I am the Elemental Master of Ice. I form it as needed. I do not need extra ice to replenish my powers. (He creates another block of ice on top of the one in Mr. Frohicky's bucket.)

Mr. Frohicky: Oh. This is kind of embarrassing, then. Let's pretend this never happened, shall we? (He leaves, muttering to himself.) What were you thinking? Worst Assistant Monastery Keeper ever. Oh, Mother was right!

(Nya, Lilly, Leo, Sora, Reese's & Riyu traverses the underground tunnel.)

Sora: Are these tunnels getting smaller? I swear they're getting smaller.

(Riyu, with a boobytrap spear in his mouth, whimpers at the darkness.)

Nya: Sure, this ancient tomb is not exactly the safest place we've been...

(They see a skeleton on the spike wall.)

Sora: Understatement. I'm thinking we're not wanted here. The boobytrap spears that shot at us when we entered was my first clue.

(Riyu tosses the spear out of his mouth.)

Lilly: The Dragon Core we need is missing. ( Music barrier on Leo.)

Nya: This tomb is the only way I know of to find out where it went. It's why I brought these. (She holds up a sack of gemstones.)

Sora: A bag of rocks?

Nya: Seeker Stones. The Cloud Kingdom archives let me borrow them. There's supposedly a burial vault in here. If I arrange the stones correctly, it'll show us anything we seek. Well, anything that isn't alive. Weird rules, I know.

Sora: Given my luck recently, I bet those stones fall into acid before we get a chance to use them.

Nya & Lilly: What are you talking about?

Sora: If you haven't noticed, things don't always go right for me. I create a hard light technology, it gets used as a weapon. Almost win a mech race, cause a war between two kingdoms. We try to find a Dragon Energy Core to save the world, it's missing. I'm a black cloud.