Beyond Madness

(At the Monastery of Spinjitzu, Riyu & Reese's chase a butterfly around, while Sora tries to fix the SA Mark 01.)

Sora: Oh, come on! (She groans.) Weird powers. Why won't you work now?

(Lloyd & Lilith watches as Arin takes on the obstacle course.)

Arin: I can do this. This, I can do. (He falls off halfway, and Lloyd does Spinjitzu to get him out.) Thanks, Mast ... uh, Lloyd. I really thought I could do it, but I forgot something. That I'm the worst student in the history of students.

Lloyd: The worst? Remind me to tell you about the time my friend, Jay, the Lightning Ninja, trained in the south wing.

Arin: The monastery doesn't have a south wing.

Lloyd: Not after Jay trained there. Poof. Look, you learned a version of Spinjitzu by yourself. Totally unheard of. But, you have to unlearn some of what you taught yourself to relearn a more ... balanced approach.

Arin: Really?

Sora: Well, I don't need to relearn anything, 'cause I never learned anything in the first place! This elemental power stuff's impossible.

Lloyd: It took me a long time to tap into my potential. But I did. And you will, too.

Sora: I'm not even sure I have an elemental power. Tech Power?

Lloyd: I haven't heard of it either. But I've studied elemental powers all my life. I'm telling you, the true power is inside of you.

Sora: No, I'm pretty sure they're Riyu's powers, and I just, like, borrow them or something.

Lloyd: You saw me with the Matriarch. She sent my powers into overdrive. I don't know why dragon energy enhances elemental powers, but those were my powers, not hers.

Sora: If this power is in me, how come I can't feel it?

Lloyd: Every elemental master is different. Cole could feel the power of Earth in his guts. Nya said the power of Water flows through her veins. Zane could sense Ice power in his mind. Lilly listens to music through her body.

(Riyu & Reese's screeches at something beyond the monastery walls.)

Sora: What's got Riyu and Reese's all worked up?

(They join Riyu & Reese's on the wall.)

Arin: No way!

Sora: What am I looking at here?

Lloyd: That's the old Bounty! Kai took that ship to search for the other ninja. This must mean his mission was a success!

Blackmagic: Kai Back!

Cole Jr.: Mommy!

Ruby: Daddy!

Lilith: (The Bounty hurtles towards them without stopping.) Incoming!

(The ninja dodge out of the way and watch the Bounty descend.)

Sora: I'm thinking Kai's mission was not a success.

Lloyd & Blackmagic: Come on!

(Arin uses his grappling hook to reach the ship. Lloyd & Blackmagic follows with Spinjitzu.)

Sora: Seriously, guys? (She turns to her mech.)

Lloyd: Kai! Kai! (He inspects the ship.) Battle damage?

Blackmagic: What did my boyfriend get himself into?

Sora: Hey guys, heads up! You might wanna duck! (She lands.) Just a thought, we should probably steer away from those mountains.