Crossroads Carnival

(In the Monastery of Spinjitzu, Arin, Sora, & Riyu sleep. Suddenly, Lloyd bursts in.)

Lloyd: Rise and shine! Time to train! I really wake Lilith and Reese's.

Arin: What ... Not just a dream! It really is my first day of ninja training! Yes! Awesome! Maximum awesome!

Sora: It's the crack of dawn.

Lloyd: I know. I thought I'd let you sleep in for your first week. Meet me in the courtyard in ten minutes.

Sora: "Sleep in"?

(Arin, Riyu  & Reese's do push ups in the courtyard.)

Sora: (She yawns.) Why are we training way up here? We're becoming ninja to help people. Shouldn't we be around ... people? Y'know, like in the Crossroads?

Arin: You just wanna go to the Crossroads Carnival, don't you?

Sora: Well, duh. Don't you? We've never, ever missed one.

Arin: True. And I was determined to win the pie-baking contest this year. Grab-Barg wins every time. I've been perfecting my recipe all year. (He sighs.)

Lilith: Crossroads Carnival?

Arin: I you never when here.

Lilith: No, I be here monastery after the Merge.

Sora: You miss a lot.

Lilith: I really want to go.

Sora: Let's ask Lloyd and Blackmagic if we can go.

Lloyd: Go where?

Sora: The Crossroads Carnival, where everyone from the combined lands celebrates their traditions. There's a ton of food and games and a huge fireworks show by this fireworks genius named Dorama.

Arin: Plus, a pie-baking competition. It's super fun!

Lloyd: It does sound fun. But it also sounds like a distraction from something even more fun. Training!

Sora: What are we supposed to train on? There's nothing here!

Lloyd: Ah, to become a ninja, you must see potential where others do not. (He strikes the ground and the mechanisms begin to shift, but it gets stuck halfway.) What? This always worked when Master Wu did it! Oh, it's a whole big impressive reveal!

Sora: Sounds like your mechanisms haven't been maintained. When junk gets into gears, it can ruin everything. When did you last clean 'em?

Lloyd: I was supposed to be doing that?

Blackmagic: Yes, be tell you at brother, me, Cole Jr. & Ruby are staying and watching after at we will use it.

Lloyd: Uh, maybe if I — (He seemingly falls down, but reappears on structures rising from the ground.) The training course!

Arin: So cool!

Lloyd: One more thing! You must complete the course before I finish my tea. (He sips from a cup, but spits the tea out and Blackmagic Laugh.) Oh, I burnt the tea. I didn't even know that was possible!

Blackmagic: (laugh) I told you let make tea mom and Wu teach how make tea.

Lloyd: I can't drink this. How do I time your performance now?

Sora: Why were you gonna time us with a hot beverage anyway?

Lloyd: I had the best teacher, me and my sister's uncle. Master Wu. That's how he did it. (He approaches a portrait of Wu.) As your teacher, I wanna do everything like he did. That's why I come here and kneel on his favorite old meditation carpet, and ponder how to be just like him. It's also why I grew this beard!