Distress Calls

(In the Serpentine's library, Lloyd & Blackmagic is searching for the Serpentine.)

Garmadon: We came all this way looking for the Serpentine to help battle the Overlord, and there is literally no sign of them. I believe this is what's called a "total bust."

Lloyd: Oh, thanks for rubbing it in.

Garmadon: The good news is, they would've only gotten in the way. We're better off without them.

Lloyd: We need allies! We can't do this alone!

Garmadon: That's the human part of you two talking. If you two embrace your Oni side, you two would discover your full strength.

Lloyd: My humanity is not weak! And relying on allies and having friends and having compassion for others, doesn't make you weak!

Garmadon: Having what now?

Lloyd: It means caring! Of course you don't know what it means. You're incapable of compassion.

Garmadon: I know what caring means. And I am not incapable of it! I am learning how to have ... "complassion."

Lloyd: Compassion. And that's ridiculous. You can't learn how to care. You either care, or you don't.

Garmadon: Are you sure?

Lloyd: You're an Oni! The Oni are incapable of caring. All they do is destroy. So is it any wonder I don't want to embrace my Oni side? (He leaves a message on the blackboard.) Let's go. I left a message for the Serpentine, but at this rate, I doubt anyone will ever — (He hears a crash.) Did you hear that? Maybe someone's still here. Come on!

(Lloyd and Blackmagic runs off. Garmadon leaves Christofern on a table before following them.)

(At the harbor, Jay and Nya face the Vengestone Guards in a truck.)

Jay: Remind me, does Vengestone sink or float? (Nya places a brick on the accelerator.) Let's do an experiment to find out! (They leap out just before the truck drives off the pier, taking the guards with it.) Finally! Now, send the signal, and — what's wrong?

Nya: I don't know if I can do this. My powers are barely there, Jay.

Jay: I believe in you.

Nya: You're just saying that because you're my Yin.

Jay: I'm saying it because it's true! I've seen you do amazing, impossible things. I've seen you ride whales, and fight dragons, and command the sea! You can do this.

(Nya smiles, then leaps onto a crate. She places her hands in the sea and attempts to make contact.)

Jay: Did it work?

Nya: I don't know. I hope so.

(In the city, Blazey narrates herself as she races through the streets.)

Blazey: In the streets of this city, there's a legend spoken of in whispers. A legend of a woman who was born the living embodiment of speed! Some say she's a myth. A legend. But I know she's real, because ... that woman is me! Blazey H. Speed!

Cole: I think we just broke a land speed record!

Lilly: At was cool!

Vinny: I think you forgot to use your blinker on that turn!

Blazey: You're the one who needs to get to NGTV Tower and send a distress call to some queen.

Cole: Princess. Princess Vania of Shintaro. To bring her flying army to fight the Overlord.

Blazey: Right! And I'm gonna do what it takes to get you there!

Vinny: Yes, great! But crashing on the way won't help! So maybe if we could go just a little bit slower? (He screams.) Then again, fast is good!