Darkness Within

(In the Crystal Temple, Lloyd & Blackmagic wakes up to find themselves hanging from Vengestone chains.)

Lloyd & Blackmagic: What?

Harumi: Enjoying the view?

Blackmagic: (They see the Council of the Crystal King carrying the Golden Weapons.) Weapons of Spinjitzu.

Lloyd: How did you get those?

Harumi: Settle down, Lloyd and Blackmagic. We have a long day ahead of us and we wouldn't want you two wasting your strength. We got them from the monastery. Where else?

Lloyd: Master Wu would never hand them over without a —

Harumi: A fight? Oh yes. And what a fight it was. But in the end, your friends failed. They're gone now, like the other ninja.

Lloyd & Blackmagic: No. You're bluffing!

Harumi: I don't bluff, Lloyd and Blackmagic. You should know that about me by now.

Lloyd: You're lying.

Blackmagic: You're lying!

Harumi: How does it feel, to have no one left? I know that feeling well. I went through the same thing after the Great Devourer took away everything I had in this world. After I lost my parents, I felt so alone. Now it's your turn to feel that grief. You can let it overwhelm and destroy you, or you can let it harden and strengthen you, as it did me.

Lloyd: You're the reason I'm alone. You're the one who did this! Which makes you no better than the Great Devourer.

Blackmagic: And you're gonna pay, Harumi, we swear! We will make you pay!

Harumi: Ooh, there's that darkness again. Just like both your fathers.

Lloyd & Blackmagic: (both of them takes several deep breaths to calm himself.) You're wrong. We are nothing like our father.

Harumi: Mm, perhaps not. Perhaps I underestimated you. (She spins Lloyd and Blackmagic around.) I have a ritual to prepare. It is time for the coming of the Crystal King.

(In the collapsed subway tunnel, the ninja take refuge under the BRTM-12.)

Jay: Zane, please tell me your communicator still works.

Zane: Unfortunately, no.

Cole: Couldn't this get any worse?

Kai: Don't ask that question! Every time someone asks "Can this get worse?" It always gets worse! (A rat appears next to him and Lilith.) Aah!

Ruby: Shoo! Shoo.

Kai: Told you so!

Jay: I hate rats!

Lilith: Same!

Zane: Rats are exceedingly clever animals with an impressive survival instinct.

Kai: Hey, thanks for the random rat facts.

Zane: That rat, for instance, seems to have found an opening between those rocks.

Jay: What? Where?

Kai: Can you see where it goes?

Zane: No, but I can find out. (He crawls after the rat.)

Cole: What do you see? Is there a way out?

Zane: There is a gap that leads up. But I do not know how far it extends.

Cole: Good enough for me.

(The ninja crawl through the gap one by one. Jay slips and the area begins to collapse again.)