Chapter Three: I Totally Ship You Two

"Wakey, wakey!" I hear someone call. I slowly open my eyes and am instantly blinded by the sun shining through the window, directly onto my beautiful face. My eyes! Who opened the freaking curtains? Satan? Are you in here?

"Gah!" I shriek and flail my arms, then end up rolling off the edge of the couch, landing on the floor in the most ungraceful way imaginable. The person who woke me up starts chuckling at my misfortune. How rude of them. I groggily bring myself to a sitting position and groan about how I can't just wake up normally, something weird always has to happen.

"Wow Arlo, that was great." They say. As I start waking up fully, I realize that the voice belongs to Dimitri's sister, Kathryn. I roll my eyes as I push myself to stand up. That must be the little Satan spawn who opened the curtains. I scan the area and see her standing in the doorway to the kitchen, arms crossed and a smirk on her face as she leans against the wall.

"I know. I'm graceful in the morning." I joke sarcastically with a little eye roll. I notice her eyes wandering over my appearance and I suddenly feel self conscious.

Yeah, so what? I didn't sleep with a shirt on. It's hot in here and I didn't feel like dying of heat stroke in my sleep. And I'm not self conscious because I'm flabby or anything, cause I'm certainly not. In fact, I've got quite a nice bod, if I do say so myself. It's just that I don't appreciate people staring at my half naked body as soon as I wake up, especially when I'm caught off guard.

I realize that, not only am I shirtless right now, but out of all the pyjama bottoms I could've picked, I picked the ones with little teddy bears on them. If little teddy bears don't scream 'manly' then I don't know what does. I sit back on the couch and stare at my reflection in the TV. Wow, and my hair is looking great, too. Pieces stick out in all directions. I think I'm just channeling my inner Albert Einstein.

Dimitri comes strolling out of his room, and just as he does so, Kathryn walks into the kitchen, out of sight. He looks down at his plaid flannel shirt as he buttons it up, with the most intense concentrated face I've ever seen, might I add. Once he is finished he looks up at me and smirks. "I think that's a good look for you, buddy." He jokes. I roll my eyes.

"Yeah sure, if I just fell out of bed and got hit by a truck is considered a 'good look'." I retort.

He laughs. "Don't knock it till you try it." He winks.

Wow, okay. Time for some payback. "Is that the same motto you have for your love life?" I ask him, trying to refrain from smiling. His smirk fades and he narrows his eyes at me.

"You take that back, sir!" He shouts. I shake my head. He launches himself over the other couch and jumps on me. Despite his attempt to be menacing, he giggles. He starts wrestling me, but my new found strength is no match for him. I could get used to being the stronger friend. Within seconds I have him pinned, face to the floor. He lets out a wheezy groan as I pull his arm behind his back and press my knee in the space between his shoulder blades.

"What were you saying?" I ask victoriously. He looks at me from the corner of his eye, and spits out a piece of fabric from the shaggy carpet.

"Umm-ow-ha, I was saying, all hail the-ow-the mighty Arlo." I roll my eyes and stand up off of him. He flips over onto his back and rubs his shoulder.

"Ouchie. When did you become so strong?" He whines, to which I just shrug my shoulders.

"I suppose super strength must be one of my powers, I guess." He nods his head and sits next to me on the couch. Kathryn comes out of the kitchen with a cup of water in hand and giving us a strange look. She sits down on the adjacent couch and takes a sip.