A New Dawn

Told by DawnStarling

I never really knew my husband's cousin well, but he always seemed like a very nice lively guy. Several years ago, he unfortunately passed from stomach cancer -- very sad event. It was tough for the entire family, especially his wife.

Near the last hours of his death, he was on life support, completely unconscious. That very same night, my brother in law saw him in a dream where he told my brother in law that he wasn't in pain anymore. He's all better. When dawn broke, we received a call saying that our beloved cousin had passed just a few hours ago.

I guess he just wanted his loved ones to know that he is doing well now.

~

When my beloved grandmother passed, I spent those last moments at the hospital with her. All our family from different parts of the world was there to see her go. She was on a life support machine and unconscious for a long time, but she kept fighting death.

Everyone kept telling her to let go but she kept holding on, her heart wouldn't stop beating. My youngest brother finally arrived at the hospital and the very second he brushed her arm with his hands, she immediately passed. Of course it will never be proven, but my family believed she waited for him to arrive because he made her a promise to look after my dad (her son). That promise had meant the world to her when she was alive, and I think she wanted to remind my brother one last time how much is still matters to her even in death.

* These aren't horrific scary stories and I hope never to encounter one. But these are experiences that have made me more accepting of what's beyond our realm of living; that there may be something more and whatever it is, hopefully the sun shines bright or even brighter than it does here.

 But these are experiences that have made me more accepting of what's beyond our realm of living; that there may be something more and whatever it is, hopefully the sun shines bright or even brighter than it does here