Guardian Angel

Told by Pandalover105978

This story I'm going to start off by saying I was 9. And some may say that you know nothing at that age, that you are just starting to understand things that you still have big imaginations and little fears. I agree that kids that age have large imaginations and I was also a kid that never worried and just had fun until the 2 days that changed my life came... that scarred me and that I would regret my whole life.

If you have read my first paranormal experience that I put in this Wattpad story labelled 'Nighttime Checkup', then I suppose this will slightly build off that. If you haven't read, it no need to go look for it, I'll put it simply: it was about a shadow man that checked up on me in the middle of the night and he ran away from me, afraid.

No matter how many times I have unusual experiences it's still hard for me to believe in ghosts, but even so out of all my stories I believe this is the one that put me off the most somehow.

I was faking being sick, something I never did. I just couldn't go to school. It's not the bullies that bothered me or the uneasiness of the little crush I had back then that made me want to stay home, it was that when I woke up I felt afraid. Something or someone was telling me that I HAVE to stay home because something was going to happen. This had never happened before and it scared me even more. So I was faking being sick -- after all, my mother had a job interview tomorrow and if she got the job I knew she wouldn't have as much time to spend with me, I accepted that. So it was only fair that I spent today with her, right? That's the excuse I used.

So the day went on. I played all day and just in general had fun. That is until next day came and my mom was dropping me off at my class that the voice talked to me again.

'Don't let her leave. She cant leave.' I was never a kid that cried when their parent left from the school or even worried at all. That wasn't the reason for this. "Bye (my name will be A in this again), A, love you!"

"Bye, Mom..." She was running off to her job interview. "Mom!" She turned around, the feeling was still there: 'stop her.' "...Love you, bye!" She smiled and ran off.

'If nothing happened yesterday, nothing will happen today.' I told myself I was being silly and went to class.

This is the number one thing I regret in my life. I should have lied again. I should have told her to take me with her and that I was sick. But I didn't. I was telling myself that it was nothing. I wished I had listened to the voice.

She never picked me up from school. I later found out she had passed away in our hot tub that I constantly told her not to go in, something I always had a bad feeling about. But something she never listened to. You may not call this a paranormal experience. I still do. If you remember I had told you about that man at my door that one night.

There was something I never said. He didn't directly look at me; he wasn't scared of me. He was scared of the angel or ghost that I believe was sitting next to me. My mother. The voice wasn't in my head, it was in my ear, and I believe that was her angel.

And this is a theory, but I believe that whoever protects you most in real life -- if that person dies before you -- that person will protect you and become your guardian angel.

I think that the voice belonged to my grandpa/my mom's dad. I never met him since he died before I was born, but I know he loved my mother deeply and that the voice was a man's voice.

And don't worry, I don't blame myself for her death. I know that's one of the worse things someone can do to themselves.

 I know that's one of the worse things someone can do to themselves