The Basement

Told by AutumnFoxRoyal

We had a family get together in Otisville, Michigan. The get together was located in a brand new farm house my family bought. It was beautiful. Old, but beautiful. All of my aunts and uncles and cousins were there, and my
grandparents and parents too.

The house held 5 bedrooms but there still wasn't enough room. I had offered to sleep in the basement to let my family have the rooms, so after the first night of the first day we spent there, we all were settling down for bed. I headed to the basement and made myself comfortable on the couch that was down there and watched TV until I fell asleep.

Around 3 am I woke up to the television off and an old woman standing over me, looking down upon me. She looked really old and mean.
When we exchanged eye contact she ran and hid behind a chair we had down there. I looked over and she was looking at me through the wooden bars.

I ran up the stairs and banged on the door because it wouldn't open. I banged and banged and screamed and cried until finally my mom came and let me upstairs. My family is very spiritual and being that the house was old, they believed me, but still found it very strange. I had to shrug it off because we weren't leaving any time soon.

A few days later I went to the gas station/party store on the corner. For some reason the cashier knew we lived at that house and mentioned something about an old lady who happened to be a drunk that died on the couch in the basement ... The couch I was sleeping on when she appeared to me.

This was probably the most eerie thing to occur to me. Also that night, my grandma was staying in the camper outside the home and heard knocking on the door. She opened it to see an old
woman running away from the door, but she left behind a worn pink slipper.

I just wanted to share this with everyone on here because it was super intense. I'll never forget it. I'm so glad we left that house ... Sometimes I still think about it.