It's No Coincidence

Told by @sweetu10

It happened few years back. I had for the first time stayed overnight with my mother in a new building.

I was trying to sleep but couldn't due to a severe headache. My eyes were tightly closed, whimpering. I was actually fully awake. But for some reason I couldn't open my eyes. The reason was that I had a bad feeling like an old man was standing beside me with anger on his face staring at me so hard that like my head would explode.

Another thing is that my chest began to ache so bad that I knew it wasn't an ordinary feeling. But this feeling was like there was something heavy on my chest. I was fed-up and had slight phobia of darkness.

By the time I gathered enough courage to open my eyes and convince me that there was nothing beside me. I quickly opened my eyes and shut it. I suddenly relaxed. I felt relieved that there was nothing besides me. But I frowned.

The pain on my chest completely vanished...but my head still ached my head was in fact worse for I could feel pounding. I checked the time...it was around 5:30am in the early morning give or take few minutes. (I was tired and exhausted to notice anything else) I shook off the feeling and went to college.

I never told this to anyone but that same day I returned almost forgetting that incident. My mum had some bad news saying that one of the grandfathers (our relatives) had died of heart attack and the other had slipped into coma. I was so shocked that I froze. And it was as if my unconscious self spoke, "What time did they die?" I was even more shocked because I never asked any questions whenever someone dies. I mean any!

My mom told me that both the grandfathers had got this around 5:30. I was scared so much. Luckily my mom was too busy to notice me in such a state. I had realized that whatever happened to me was actually a warning to my relatives that someone is one the edge of death! It had frightened me ever since! Even today I shuddered at the thought of it.

 I had realized that whatever happened to me was actually a warning to my relatives that someone is one the edge of death! It had frightened me ever since! Even today I shuddered at the thought of it