An Unsightly Presence

Told by Ohsoonayla

This experience is one of many paranormal experiences I've had in my short 19 years of life. When I tell this story to other people of course they call me crazy and try to poke holes in my theory, but this happened to me.

I was in 6th grade and my family moved around a lot. I mean, a lot. We didn't stay in a school for more than 4 months, so I was used to moving. We moved into a two story house with a basement, that was a short walk to our school. The house had 4 bedrooms on the upper level, and the lower level looked like it was a separate place because it had its own kitchen and everything. My 3 brothers stayed in the lower level, all getting their own room. I shared a room with my younger sister. She was one year younger, so it wasn't that bad. My two other sisters got their own room, and of course my parents shared a room.

The basic layout of the house was pretty difficult as there were multiple rooms we didn't even use. They were just filled with our unpacked boxes because we didn't stay at the house for long. (Not because of the paranormal experience, but more legal reasons.)

So the layout was like this: you walk through the front door and on your left was a room where we kept the computer, to your right is a room where all the boxes were, and there was a door that led to a small living room where we kept our dog. Then from the front door you walk down the hall into the dining room and kitchen, and a little off the side to the kitchen was the washer and dryer. The door leading downstairs was across from some cabinets. The basement was one huge circle, for some reason.

Once you get downstairs, on the left is a bedroom. If you go through the bedroom you'll make it to where my youngest brother stayed, which was a bedroom that looked like it was meant for a baby. Remember that part: It looked like it was meant for a baby, or a small child, as there were creepy stickers and stuff still on the walls.

If you pass that room and go back down the hall you make it to the basement door that leads outside, and then to the final bedroom. You walk through that bedroom and you get to the living room, and it goes to a loop. There was also a bathroom there too.

Now to the upper level where I stayed. Immediately if you walk up the stairs, the first room to your left is the master bedroom where my parents stayed, and next to it is the bathroom. Like you walk up the stairs and bam -- the bathroom. You turn right and down the hall is my room, directly across from my parents'. To the right of my room was my older sister's room and to the left was my other sister's room.

Now things didn't off the bat get super weird or creepy, but you could tell the house was a creepy place. It seemed old and different from the others houses. People used to walk through our backyard to get across train tracks that were directly behind our house, as if we didn't live here. The first thing that ever happened, happened to me.

Of course, like I said, my room was directly down the hall from my parents'. I could look out my bedroom door and see their door, and right next to their door was a bathroom. My bed was positioned in front of my door, so when I wake up I just look down the hallway and see my parents' closed door. Well, one night, I woke up in the middle of the night, something I do often, and gaze down the hallway. I see an older black lady walking from the bathroom down the stairs.

I was stunned to say the least, and a bit confused. My aunt said if I truly saw something I would have jumped out of bed and ran to my parents, but it didn't feel like a living breathing person; it felt different. I immediately went back to sleep pretending nothing happened.

I brought it up not long after it happened, and of course my brothers and parents brushed it off and called me crazy. But my sister, the one on my left, said she believed me. She said she woke up one night to an older lady holding a baby in her room. That gave me the chills, so of course, like most kids, we believed our house was haunted. Our parents tried to tell us otherwise, but then the oddest thing happened.

The garden outside of our house was very well kept, and there weren't many ant holes or anything. One night, I forgot the main events, but my mom fell down outside. I forgot how, but she fell, and my youngest brother in a panic flinged open the door and a mass amount of ants entered our house.  Ants were marching in circles on the porch, and above flies were flying in circles. It was creepy. Of course my skeptic family still brushed it off.

Then a few years later we moved out and we've been at our new house for a good 3 years.

My parents tell us that three people were murdered in the house we stayed in! Murdered! My mom said it was a young woman, her infant daughter, and her elderly mother! They were shot and killed by the young woman's boyfriend at the time. I was in shock. I was terrified that they let us stay in a house where someone was murdered.

I searched it up on my phone -- something I probably should've done when it was happening -- and it all came up. 3 people were murdered. A woman, a baby, and her mom. It wasn't confirmed, but I deduced that the room my youngest brother was staying in was the one that the baby stayed in, and the elderly woman both my sister and I saw was the one that got murdered.

This was one of the many paranormal experiences I've had.