My Brother's Friend

Told by TiffanyMccall

A little background into my life: I am the youngest of three kids. My brother is now 40, my sister 38 and I am 20. The experience I am about to share happened when I was about 8 or 9.

My brother has a daughter (my niece) who is a year younger than me. One day my mom told me my brother's friend committed suicide and we were gonna go help his friend's sister and mom clean out his house.

I thought I would be bored and brought along a barbie doll to play with. When we got to the house, my niece and I went into the living room/dining room as they were both connected. We left the doors open. We found an R.L. Stein book (I cant remember the name, and as we were looking through it there was a cold gust of air through the room. The windows were closed. The pages in the book were turning by themselves.

We then heard the attic door shut and I thought it was my brother carrying more stuff out. Boy was I ever wrong. A few seconds after hearing the attic door close I had this horrible feeling I was being watched. I looked at my niece and saw she had the same feeling. We both looked out into the hallway and saw my brother's friend. (We hadn't met him before.)

We knew it couldn't be him so we ran out of the house screaming and crying. We described what we saw to everyone and what his mom said still gives me chills. She said, "They just described my son".

Later that night (remember the book I was talking about?) my niece decided to take the book with her ans she gave me the paper cover. That night in my room I was watching TV when I had the same feeling of being watched. I was terrified. I started screaming and crying again. No one could calm me down.

After a while my mom took me to my brother's house to see if that would calm me down. As soon as we got there my niece was screaming and crying out of fear just like me. Our parents were worried and confused. They didnt know what to do so they just let us cry until we couldn't anymore. I will never forget that experience. I dont know if the ghost of my brother's friend followed us home that night or what, but it was terrifying. I still get chills when I pass that house.