But They're Your Family

Previously....

Percy groaned.

He really wished he didn't keep going.

Present...

Percy ran through the cavern as fast as his legs would move him. He couldn't let it catch up to him; he knew that much.

Percy had no idea what this it was, but he knew it was bad news. Although, Percy thought, isn't everything down here bad news?

He continued running as far as he could see, hoping that he could find, at the very least, a room he could hide in.

While it was highly unlikely, Percy hoped he would find an exit. He didn't care anymore about how this place was sacred to his family—on Voldemort's side. He didn't care that this cavern could tell him exactly how to beat Big V. Heck, Percy didn't even care that this was absolutely a pathetic place, and he hadn't even fought anything to make it worth leaving.

Percy was just sick of it.

Everything about this place reminded him of a test. A school test, the tests the gods would give him, an insanity test, the whole nine yards. Percy hates tests. They made him feel stupid, even when he knew he wasn't. This cavern was testing him more than anything ever had, simply because it put everything he couldn't stand into one big pot and stirred it into some messed up concoction of crap.

Well, Percy decided, this concoction of crap won't be able to mess with me any longer if that thing gets to me.

Percy snorted. Then he tripped on a rock and fell down.

Percy hit the ground with an, Umph!" and let a volley of Greek curses out. He scampered to his feet, but Percy could hear the thing behind him, which actually turned out to be several things.

Percy groaned again as he tried to move forward, but he knew he couldn't escape these creatures. They were too dam fast. Especially considering who Percy assumed their father was. Or maybe mother. Percy was never good on guessing the gender of random creatures he met in caverns.

"Percy! Percy! Percy! Percy! Our daddy told us about you!"

Percy's face contorted. "Crap."

"Don't use that naughty word, Percy. It's bad. Daddy always told us never to say 'crap' for it is a naughty word."

"You just said it, J'Lackeou," another tiny creature told him.

"No, Smitter, I told him not to say it!"

"You used the potty word! You used the potty word!" Smitter chanted.

Percy stared uncomprehending. What the Hera is wrong with these baby—

"Oh, Percy, Percy! Our daddy told us about how he helped you get here. And about your talk about Care Bears!!! We don't like Care Bears either!!! Can we please, please, please go with you the rest of the way in the cavern? Please?"

Percy glanced at all the baby rainbow turtles.

Percy prided himself on knowing when he was outmatched. "Sure. What the heck."

"So, Percy, why are you here? What can this mean old cavern have to do with you?"

Percy groaned. That seems to be becoming a habit recently. These baby rainbow turtles never shut up. "I've already told you why I'm here. Seven times, in fact."

"Sorry. But me and all thirty-two of my brothers and sisters suffer from—"

"Short term memory loss. Yes. You have told me seven times that you are just like Dory."

"Who's Dory?"

"Doesn't matter. I'm down here because I heard this place is sacred to my family on one side. And now I'm trying to find out how to fight them."

"Why would you want to fight your family? Don't you love them?"

Percy sighed. All seven–now eight–times he'd been asked that question he paused. Percy thought it would get easier to answer as he went, but it got harder if he was being honest.

Yes, Voldemort was family. Yes, Voldemort was evil.

Yes, Percy barely knew the guy, and now he was trying to find a way to kill him.

Percy's only fallback on this was simple; Kronos was Percy's grandfather. Percy barely knew him yet he fought Kronos. All because he knew Kronos was evil.

Kind of like with Voldemort.

Percy had to wonder though; how did Voldemort become so corrupted to believe that his way was right?

How could one man become so corrupted and power hungry and bigoted that he had to believe he was best?

Percy'd been told he was loyal to a fault. That he was as selfless as it gets. That he was the perfect hero.

Percy knew otherwise.

He knew he wasn't an idiot. Others didn't. The simple thought of Percy being stupid made them believe he was going to be perfect because he'd listen to others. Because he couldn't come up with anything himself.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Percy knew what he was doing. Yes, he put others' opinions and thoughts into his plans. It made them better. But Percy was selfish. He wasn't a hero. He wasn't as loyal as they believed.

He was mainly a hero. Percy wasn't stupid enough to say he wasn't. He was fairly loyal. But there is a difference in loyalty and caring. Percy cared more than he was loyal. People could rely on him. Not because he was loyal. But because he cared.

"Percy? Percy? Percy? PERCY?!" The little turtles screaming snapped him out of his daze. He answered the question that had been asked probably five minutes ago.

"I have to fight them. For the rest of my family to survive. Because I care about them."

928 words. Haven't written one that long in a while for this story.

Sorry about missing two updates. At least I didn't wait til the third to post this. I've been at a block, but @Christmas_owl helped me out a little. Thanks!!!

Love y'all!

Samigirl!

(P. S. 977 followers! It was 609 in January! Holy Hera, y'all are amazing!!!)