Chapter 10

Fawad was totally confused when he saw her falling to the floor. He didn't know what to do. Was she sick or something?

He couldn't touch her either. He hurried out of the office to see if there was any female staff available, but unfortunately everyone had left as it was way past working hours.

So he had no choice but to transfer her from the floor to a couch himself. He slipped one of his arms under her neck and the other one under her legs and scooped her up in his arms. Ignoring the tingling feeling when he came in contact with her he carefully placed her on the couch. She was very light for a muscular guy like him.

 He muttered a silent alhumdulliah when he heard her breathing. He just hoped that Allah would forgive him for touching a non-mehram.

Having no medical education at all himself, he tried to remember what his sister, who was studying medicine had said about such situations. But he had never listened when she was showing off her medical knowledge.

So he just rang up his family doctor and told him to be there in five minutes.

The doctor came after a short while and after checking her pulse and heartbeat and BP, he concluded that she had fainted due to low blood pressure which was because of weakness and malnutrition and maybe she was going through emotional stress. He prescribed her some multi vitamins and left. 

She was probably neglecting her diet. Fawad tried to remember if he had seen her go out for lunch but he didn't think so. This girl seriously didn't take care of herself at all.

Suddenly a phone started ringing. It was in her pocket. He slipped his hand in her pocket and took out her phone thinking it might be her family worried about her.

Receiving the call he pressed the phone to his ear.

"Hello? Who is this?" Fawad asked the caller.

"Who the fuck are you? What are you doing with my sister's phone?" What?Didn't she say that she didn't have any siblings? He wondered confused.

"Who are you to Areesha?" he asked thinking he might have heard the other person wrong.

"I'm her brother. Now pass the phone to Areesha or  I swear I'm gonna kill you." he said in a threatening tone. Woah! Does this lad even know who he is talking to?

"Ok. I'm her boss. Areesha is currently unconscious. When she wakes up- "

"What?! Where is she? Give me the address now. I'm coming." Fawad meanwhile debated whether he should give the address or not. Even if he was a dangerous person he had security in the building didn't he? So it would do no harm.

He explained the address to the other person and without a word of thanks he hung up.

Fawad called the security and told them to check the person who was coming thoroughly before sending him inside.

As he waited for Areesha to wake up he couldn't help but steal glances at her once in a while. Even when she wasn't awake she looked worried and depressed. He wondered if she was over her broken engagement or not. Probably not, he concluded seeing her state right now and that she had taken so many days off too. He hadn't fired her after that because he had seen the potential in her.

While he was still in his thoughts his office door swung open to reveal a guy, about his age maybe. His face was etched with worry and his hair looked disheveled like he had run his hand through them multiple times. However, he looked nothing like Areesha, not even the slightest resemblance.

He ran to Areesha straight and caressed her hair without even glancing at Fawad.

Then after a second he plunged himself at Fawad and yanked him by the collar asking him what had happened to her.