Chapter 13

"You know I have a feeling that Areesha likes you." Maya told her brother. She had strongly felt that when she had gone shopping with Areesha the other day and was determined to find out if her brother had feelings for her or not.

"What?" Fawad asked her distractedly as he went through his emails on his laptop and waited for Areesha to send him some designs for the new project they were working on.

"Can you leave your laptop for a second?" she said snatching his laptop from him. "The way you're always on your laptop I think you should marry it."

Fawad looked at his sister weirdly and voiced his thoughts "Where do you get such weird ideas from?"

"My amazing brain!" she said cheekily making her brother snicker at her. "So as I was saying earlier, I think Areesha likes you."

"What?! Are you out of your bloody mind? What made you think that?" He asked her shocked. His sister sure had a weird way of thinking. He knew Areesha still wasn't over her ex-fiance.

"Nothing, I am smart as it is. You know instead of being a doctor, I should be a matchmaker!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah when that happens, every couple is going to start getting divorced!" he snorted

"Ok whatever. When I get famous you're going to beg me to get you a nice girl." She smirked at him. 

"Yeah like one of those desi matchmaker aunties!" He had had enough encounters with these types of desi aunties who were only interested in when they would get the 'good news' in other words, his marriage.

"No, like a professional business. I've heard you earn a lot in that business. Anyway back to the topic now. Don't try to divert me from the topic because you can't wiggle out of it," she said pointing a finger in his face. "So as I was saying I have a feeling that she likes you. She's a very nice girl, you should seriously consider her."

"I think you really need to do something about your brain. Any unmarried girl you see, and you'll start pairing me up with her."

"Why do you have Areesha's email open in your laptop?" Maya asked with a sly smirk as she suddenly caught sight of his laptop screen.

"Maybe because she is my secretary?" Fawad said sarcastically.

"Or maybe because you like her. You even told her about your family. I was sure surprised when she knew my name."

"Yeah that was because she asked me." He replied with an exagerated eye roll. 

"Sh was obviously interested in you that's why she asked. Right?" she said with a triumphant look on her face.

"That's just a casual question.It doesn't mean that anyone who asks you that is interested in you. " he said snorting at her ridiculous ideas.

"Whatever. Don't admit it but I am totally shipping you both!" she replied excitedly. She was putting the wrong ideas in his brain.

*****

"Hey Fawad." Someone said to him in a loud girly voice after a while as he was working on his laptop in his room.

He looked up to find his maternal cousin, Zainab whom his mother wanted him to get married, to standing by the door. He didn't even like her. In his opinion she was a stuck-girl, conceited girl who tried flirting with his when ever she got the chance, but unfortunately his mother didn't see her as that.

Where did she come from now? He groaned. She didn't even knock the door, he thought irritated. She just walked in his room as if she owned the place.