Chapter 24

"Areesha! Honey, wake up! We are going to get late!" Her mother's voice drifted from outside.

Areesha put the pillow over her head and went to sleep again. Then someone started rapping on her door. She tried to block out the noise but it was too loud.

Throwing the covers off her she marched to the door to give this annoying person a piece of her mind, 

"What the hell Zayan?" She yelled at him as she swung the door open.

"Woah! You look scary with your bed head! That's what poor Fawad is going to wake up to everyday! I already feel so bad for him."

"Shut your ugly mouth." She snapped at him.

"No really! You could pass for a scare crow right now!" He said with a smirk.

Before she could retaliate her mother appeared from behind.

"Areesha? Look at yourself!" She said in shock.

Great now her mother was going to tease her too!

"Wait are you going somewhere?" Areesha asked her as she took in her appearance.

"Yes and so are you! So hurry up and get ready! Chop chop!"

"Where?" She asked confused.

"To Fawad's house? Amira called us over for lunch. Remember? It's already 2:00 PM. This is the third time I've come to wake you up."

She smacked her forhead in realization. She had been up till late night finishing a story on wattpad. She hated wattpad at times like this. It had been almost a week since her nikah and she had been avoiding Fawad. Once he had called her mother who had made her talk to him but she really didnt say anything except for the salams. Her mother thought she was being excessively shy. Shy. As if! Areesha and shy don't go in the same sentence.

"Dress up well beta. Nothing to be shy about!" Her mother said to her.

She just nodded and Zayan smirked at her.

"Now hurry up, we don't have all day!" Zayan said.

She went back to her room and opened her wardrobe to slect a good dress.

Before she could think about it, her phone started ringing. She picked it up without checking the caller ID.

"Hello? Yeah well whoever it is I'm really busy right now so I'll call you later. Bye." She said into the phone in one breath.

"Wait!" She heard a familiar voice from the other end before she could cut the call.

"Maya that you?"

"Yup the one and only! So why were you busy?"

"Aren't we coming to your place? Wait you called us today right?" She asked suddenly realizing that Maya didn't know about it.

"Yeah, yeah, so you're getting ready huh?" She said with a teasing note in her voice.

"Yeah, I am. Ok wait tell me what colour shall I wear, red or white?" Areesha asked her while rumaging through the hangers.

"White." Maya replied after a second.

"Ok. So why did you call?"

"What? I can't call my bestie who's now my bhabhi too? I knew you would turn into the mean type bhabhi after marriage!" She said faking a upset voice.

"Figured it now have you?" Areesha said rolling her eyes at Maya's dramatic behavior.

"Now meanie shutup or I am going to turn into the evil sister-in-law!"