Chapter 25

Areesha's mother was insisting that she go out with Fawad and get some shopping done for their wedding as these were the only days she would be able to enjoy with him and after she actually moved in they would get very busy in everyday responsibilities. Areesha on the other hand was still very anxious about it. She didn't want to be alone with him. She knew it would be very awkward. So she looked for a hundred and one excuses to get out of it, but each seemed as puny as the next.

She couldn't feign sickness as her mother always saw right through her. She didn't have any other plans either so she couldn't evade this forever. And when she tried to divert her mothers attention from this subject she would say that she was being shy.

So she decided to go. It was still noon so he must be in his office. She decided to pick him up and go somewhere. 

She took out a a dress and paired it up with a pair of jeans. She quickly got dressed and made a high pony tail. Grabbing her car keys she left the apartment but not before her mother whiffed some duas over her for safety.

She drove to his office, the drive was so familiar from all the times she had over sped to work. If anyone would tell her at that time that she would end up with her boss she would have laughed in their face.

She parked her car in the parking lot and went straight to his office, greeting a few of her ex-colleagues on the way. Most of them probably didn't know about her being Fawad's wife now as no one commented on that.

She made her way to his floor through the elevator. Upon reaching his floor, she asked his secretary if he was in.

"And who might you be?" Asked the secretary eyeing her up and down.

"That's not your problem. So is Fawad in?"

"No Fawad's busy. You need to take an appointment to see him."

"Sir to you." Areesha said to her instantly feeling annoyed with this girl. She looked young and was dressed as if she was here to attend a wedding. She had done full make up from lens to a thick coat of eyeliner to curling her lashes to a beige lipstick, everything.

Ignoring this unknown girl, she entered the office while she called after her. When she entered she saw a very angry Fawad and a guy looking like he was going to shit his pants sitting across him.  

Fawad looked mildly surprised to see her here. He gestured her to sit on the couch at the back. 

"Zohaib I am warning you. This is your last chance. I don't tolerate this shit here." Fawad continued talking to the guy a bit calmer than before. The Zohaib sitting in front of him silently thanked God that his boss was in a better mood now and praised this unknown girl who had come in.

"Yes sir." He said

"Get out of here now and I want that file before you leave today." Fawad said to him. 

The guy hurried out of the office before his boss could say anything further. When the guy left Areesha got up from the sofa and occupied a seat in front of Fawad.

"Salam." She said wondering what was up with him.

"Walaikum salam." He muttered still not looking up at her.

"So what's up?" How was she supposed to talk to him? This was so awkward.

"The roof's up." He said.

"Haha, very funny!" She said with a roll of her eyes.

"Sweetheart when your husband tries to joke with you, you can pretend to find it funny."

"Right I'll keep that in kind for next time."

"I missed you." He said out of nowhere. Areesha stared at him. His eyes were so full of emotions she couldn't decipher. She was speechless. To a third person it was a simple 'I miss you' but to her it meant so much than she could describe. She had no idea what to say to him.