Chapter 33

Continued from the previous chapter...

Suddenly, a gun shot was heard making Areesha flinched horribly.

"NO!" A yell escaped Areesha's mouth involuntarily.

Then one of guys with the mask  took the motorbike while the other took their car and sped away. Areesha rushed to Fawads side and her hand flew to her mouth.

Fawad was lying on the road with his arm bleeding. Areesha kneeled down to to see him withering in pain.

"F-fawad?" She stammered and she didn't know when tears started spilling from her eyes.

"Don't ....cry." Fawad said faintly and slipped into unconsciousness.

Areesha was paralyzed with shock. What was she supposed to do? There was no human in sight and their car had been snatched away and they were stranded in the middle of nowhere. She sent a silent prayer to Allah help them.

Suddenly she felt her purse and hurriedly rummaged through it for her phone. She found it and turned it on with trembling hands.

Thanks God she had charged it before leaving. 

She quickly speed dialed Zayans number and waited for him to pick up. She couldn't even see properly through her tears. She kept muttering duas for Allah to help them.

She waited for Zayan to pick up but the call disconnected. Where was he when you needed him so much?

She speed dialed the next number in the list without even seeing who it was.

"Hello? Areesha?" She recognized this as Aamirs voice.

"Aamir.. F-fawad... shot.... snatchers.." she whimpered. She was not good at handling such situations.

"Areesha what happened to you guys? You need to tell me clearly where you are." She heard Aamir's calm voice from the other end.

Where were they? Fawad had said it was a surprise and she hadn't even payed attention to the where they were going.

"I-I don't know."

"Areesha calm down. I need you to share your location with me. Can you do that?"

Areesha nodded as no words came out of her mouth. She ended the call with trembling hands and turned on her 3G.

She opened Aamir's whats app and shared her location with him.

The phone started ringing again and she picked it up and put it on loudspeaker.

"Areesha I am on my way. Can you tell me what happened?" His voice drifted to her and she felt comfort.

"Fawad has f-fainted. He got shot in h-his arm." She sobbed into the phone and kept Fawad's head on her lap.

"Calm down. You are the only one who can help him right now." 

"Yes what shall I do. He is b-bleeding non stop." Thank God Aamir was a doctor.

"Ok listen to me. Do you have a cloth? Your staller maybe? Wrap it on his arm and apply pressure on his inner side of his arm opposite to the elbow on his brachial artery. Can you do that?"

"Y-yeah." She replied as she wrapped her hijab in his arm and applied the pressure as he said.

"Ok now elevate his bleeding arm."

She followed his instructions.

"Check his breathing? Can you hear him breath?" He asked over the phone.