Chapter 16

Hello/Assalam alaikum beautiful ppl!

This chapter is for a special thanks to all of u for the wonderful response you gave in the previous chapter

My exams went good alhumdulilah but it wasn't as good as I wanted it to be.. :(

but thanks for all the good wishes

Enjoy the chapter!

And don't forget to vote and comment

Areesha talked to Maya on the phone sometimes and they met up once in a while too. But after Maya got busy with her exams they had to cut short their dates. Zayan still didn't approve of Maya but for the sake of his sister he didn't mind her when she came to their house once or twice. Areesha's mother had met Maya and Fawad too and liked both of them.

That day Maya had invited her over to her own house on the weekend as she was done with her exams now and wanted to enjoy herself. It was the weekend after Zayan had told her about Fawad's proposal. She hadn't met him in office either. She had tried to decline Maya's invitation but she had been very persistent.

Areesha had felt very awkward when she first stepped in the house as her boss lived in the same place too and she didn't know how to talk to him outside of office. She got along well with him when it came to their worker-employ relationship and Fawad didn't overwork her too much either. But she didn't want to confront him yet knwing what his feelings for her were. It wouod be so damn awkward! How would she behave around his family? She just hoped that he wasn't at home or they didn't cross paths. 

For some reason she thought of Maya's house her boss's house more than her friend's.

"Assalam alaikum," Areesha said to Maya when she opened the door for her.

"Walaikum salam girl! What took you so long?" She replied in a cheerful tone

"Nothing. I got out of the house late as none of my dresses were ironed so I had a hard time finding a neat one." 

Lie. Liar liar pants on fire! You were trying to find an excuse to not come. Her subconscious scolded her.

"Yeah I totally feel your pain. I hate it too when that happens. Come on inside." Maya said to her as she led her inside her house.

Their house was very well furnished and clean. The tiles were small and white and sparkling clean. She could even see her reflection in them. Velvet drapes framed the windows, the lace inner curtains remained drawn, allowing daylight to enter. Under the window there were some plants pots.

On one side of her living room was a glass table and six black iron chairs. There was a piece of furniture with glasses and DVDs, and there are some pictures on the walls. On the right there were burgundy sofas and two green cozy armchairs. Opposite the sofas was a thirty-two inch LED on the wall.

"My ammi." Maya said and Areesha looked around to see a woman entering the room.

"Assalam alaikum auntie. I'm Areesha; Maya's friend." So this was Fawad's mother, she thought.

"I know beta. I've been waiting to meet you for a long time now. My kids talk a lot about you."

"Kids?" she asked surprised. Had Fawad told his mother about her?!

"Don't you work as Fawad's assistant?" No he hadn't then. Thank God!

"Uh yes. All good I hope?" she said awkwardly

"Of course beta. Make your self at home and why don't you join us for lunch first, you can't miss my palao."

"Oh I'd love to auntie but I am full." she replied courteously