Chapter 29

The room was very different from last time she was here. It was decorated with rose petals and candles. The room glowed with the yellowish light of the candles. The rose petals were spread on the bed too. Areesha scooted some petals aside and made space for herself on the bed. She tried to get comfortable on the bed and look indifferent when in reality she was so conflicted. How on earth was she supposed to behave and what did Fawad expect from her?

And where was he? It seemed like an hour had already passed but when she glanced at the clock five mintues had hardly passed.

This dress was getting so heavy and her earings were wearing her ears down as if tons were hanging from them. She took off her earings and necklace and placed them on the side table. Now she felt a bit unsuffocated.

Could she change her clothes or was she supposed to wait for him? And where were her clothes even? She had packed a bag for the clothes but she had no idea where it might be. Before she could think any further a beep sound came from her purse and she opened it to find her phone.

She swipped the screen and found a few whatsapp messages. She opened them and downloaded the images that were sent from an unknown number. 

Once the images were downloaded, she opened them and what she witnessed further hitched her breath. She sat paralyzed staring at them.

It was Fawad and his cousin. They were in a very compromising position. She swipped the screen and looked at the next image. Here they were hugging. Areesha couldn't belive her eyes. This was impossible. No way.

There was something wrong. Fawad would never do this.

No way.

She trusted him. He had never looked at her in a wrong way when she worked with him and he had approached Zayan to propose to her. This was impossible. Someone was playing a horrible trick on her.

This could be photoshop though. She knew that you could do this through photoshop. She zoomed into the picture and looked at the details. They looked so unreal. It was clearly photoshop. She sighed in relief.

She went back to whatsapp and decided to message this person.

"Very brilliantly done photoshop. Must say that I am impressed." she typed and pressed the send button. She wasn't going to give this person the happiness that she had doubted Fawad even for a millisecond.

She waited for the ticks to turn blue. But before that happened Areesha heard the door click open and she froze. She hastened to hide her phone but Fawad was already in the room.

"Sorry to keep - what's wrong?" He asked worriedly looking at her pale face.

"Nothing. I handled it." She said. She wasn't going to disturb their wedding night the way she had caused her nikah night to be. She still didn't know about the money issue and she had planned not to think about it anymore.

"What? You can share it with me." He said assuringly as he sat next to her on the bed.

"Someone's sending me weird pictures, but d-don't get mad. " she said worried about his reaction and showed him her phone. Fawad took the phone from her hand and looked at the pictures.

"What the hell?" He said through gritted teeth.

"Fawad they are clearly photoshopped-"

"You are not mad at me?" He cut her with surprise written all over his face.

"No. I trust you. I really meant that when I said it ealier." She replied sincerely.

"Areesha you don't know how much that means to me." He said and pulled her into a hug.