Chapter 38

Believe me when I say that I was done with this chapter a few days ago but I didn't publish because of the set target...

Anyways enjoy....

***

Fawad streched in his office chair and picked up the office phone to call Areesha but then put it back again as he remembered that she wasn't here. She had been working with him for the past few months and his business was going very well. She hadn't come with him today as she had been feeling unwell for the past few days and he had insisted that she go to the doctor.

He dialed her number on his own phone and waited for her to pick up but it went on voice mail. He needed to ask her if she had gone to the doctor or not as she had been very busy to take her himself.

When she didn't pick up her phone he got worried. Was she still at the doctor's? He quickly called his driver who had taken her. The driver informed him that they had gotten back an hour ago. 

Why wasn't she picking up then? He decided to call the home phone but no on picked up.

He got worried. Where was she?

His parents had gone over to a relative's house and Maya was probably at the hospital.

He quickly collected his things and decided to go home and check himself.

He called the driver to take him home.

When he got home after some time he hurried into the house.

"Areesha?" He called her but to no avail.

He rushed to their room. He opened the door and found the lights turned off but he could make out her silhouette as she leaned against the bed.

He snapped the lights on and saw that she was crying.

"Areesha? What's wrong?" He asked her worriedly and rushed her side. Her shoulders were shaking badly as she sobbed.

"Areesha what did the doctor say? Why are you crying?" He asked her.

"F-Fawad..." she cried as she leaned towards him and hugged him tightly.

"Areesha? Baby what's wrong? I'm getting worried here." He said to her as he circled his arms around her and tried to sooth her.

"Fawad I-I..."

"What's wrong? Are you sick?" He said worriedly looking into her eyes.

"No." She said shaking her head, her emotions had calmed down a little. "I-I am pregnant." She whispered finally.

"What?" Fawad gasped with wide eyes.

"Fawad, I am pregnant." She said with hiccups.

"We are going to be parents?" He asked her again shocked.

"Well obviously yes." She said rolling her eyes at him despite her messed up state of mind.

"But that's so wonderful." He said, happiness written all over his face. "We are going to have a baby."

Areesha nodded through teary eyes and smiled slightly. 

"When did you find out?" He asked still amazed about it.

"Today when I went to the doctor."

"But why were you crying? I was so scared." He said frowning.

"I don't know." She said rubbing the tear trails off her eyes.

Fawad kissed her. He couldn't describe how he was feeling. It was amazing. They were going to have a baby. Alhumdulilah!

"I love you so much Areesha. I am so blessed to have you and now this little fellow in there." He said in awe.