Chapter 23

Salam lovelies!

I have two exams tomorrow so please do remember me in your prayers!

Enjoy the chapter...

Continued from previous chapter..

"Congrats on your nikah Areesha! I was sincere when I had proposed again. But I guess we were never meant to be. :( Btw do ask your new husband abt the price he paid for all this!"

She reread the message. What was this all about? Aamir probably wanted her to fight with Fawad. She got really mad at him. What was he trying to imply? That he would have been better for her?

Without taking a moment to even think, she dialed up Aamir's number and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?" She said into the phone. Who would think that this newly wed girl would be talking to her ex-fiance right after her Nikah?

"Miss me already?" He said in a cocky voice which made Areesha madder if that was possible.

"Listen here Aamir. One word about Fawad or me and you are going to face the consequences." she warned with a harsh tone.

"Aww. Already so overprotective Areesha? What I said was true." He hated it when she even talked about that guy. Fawad had bribed him with a lot of money to leave Areesha and convince his father and being the selfish person he was he agreed. He gave up on Areesha. He knew he was blinded by the love of money. But he couodnt help it

"What the hell were you trying to say? Don't you dare try to play games with me."she said through gritted teeth.

"Your oh so lovely husband gave me money for you. First you were mine and then he purchased you from me.

"I was never yours!"

"That's what you think! But dear Fawad set a price for you."

"Aamir I really don't have time for all your bullshit."

"Wait, I'll send you a picture of the check if you don't believe me. You probably know his signatures don't you?"

"Oh really? I am waiting then!" She challenged. She knew Fawad's signatures very well as she had worked with him after all.

After that he hung up and Areesha's phone beeped with a message. She quickly opened it and there it was.

Fawad's signatures on a check.The check was indeed from the same bank where Fawad kept all his money. So he had given Amir money after all. She didn't even bother reading the amount. That's how they had gotten rid of Aamir's father then? By bribing him?

Areesha felt disgusted with Fawad and at that moment wanted him to come so that she could yell at him.

How low of him, to set a price on her. Was that her value? Just some notes? Fawad was a billionaire. Surely he didn't even miss the little money he had given away for her. She was like a slave to him now. Aamir didn't own her in the first place that he had to purchase her from him. This was so ridiculous.

Before she could get more mad at him, Fawad decided to make appearance. Areesha glared at him.

"Salam!" He said to her a bit nervously. Seeing her sitting on the bed took his breath away. She looked so beautiful. God knew how much he had waited for this day. He was so happy that he could call her his wife now. 

"Walaikum salam." She replied in a hard tone.

"So how are you doing?" He said smiling at her.

"Very well! After what I found out I am doing even better!" She spat to him venomously.