Promises [Nagito Komaeda]

(Sorry I literally went off the radar on Wattpad. It's been a crazy week!)

[Finally got my first request!]

Requested by: FanficTrash2001

Y/N's POV

I stared out into the ocean. My face was lit up by the moonlight which shone above me. It outlined my silhouette nicely.

Why was I out so late? Well, I was thinking the same thing.

It was about Nagito Komaeda, the person who I took a liking to. Sure, everyone on the island completely hated him, but all he needed was a little love. Plus, I didn't know what to do... I was from the Future Foundation.

Despite being hope-crazy, he was actually a cool guy. Well, he always interfered with the class trials, but it wasn't a problem as long as we caught who the blackened was.

I remember the last class trial as if it were yesterday.

-Flashback-

"Was it the camera angle?"

Hinata looked over at Mikan who was drowning in despair, hugging herself.

Slowly, his mouth opened. "I never said anything about the camera angle."

All at once, Mikan stopped. She let go of herself and looked at Hinata straight in the eye.

"This is game over for you, Mikan." I said nonchalantly.

Her head then turned to my direction, a large grin on her face.

"Over?" Small giggles escaped her lips which grew and grew by the passing second. It soon turned into a full out cackle. "HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! OVER?! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

"M-Mikan-san!" Sonia yelled.

"What's happening?" Soda asked, slightly panicked.

"Mikan! Why did you do it?!" I yelled at her.

The fits of laughter emitting from the purple-head stopped. "Why?" She laughed a bit again before uttering the last words of her thought. "It's for the one I loved! They accepted me! They forgave my existence!"

"Stop it, Mikan! You're delusional!" Nagito shouted.

Laughing again, she looked at him. "Is it because you have no one to love and no one to love you back?"

For a moment, I could see a look of hurt flash across his face.

Pity fell over me.

-Flashback End-

I buried my fingers through the white sand and felt it cool down my skin. Letting out a satisfied sigh, I continued to stare at the ocean waves crashing into my feet.

Everything was just so peaceful. My eyes slowly closed as I dozed off to the sound of the crashing waves.

"Hey, Y/N? Is that you?"

My eyes snapped open once I heard a voice.

'Shit! I'm not supposed to be out here!'

Quietly yet quickly, I ran back to the cottages, hiding behind Mikan's.