Lock Down [Makoto Naegi] (AU)

[Angst]

Do not expect a happy ending where they kiss like they always do. The person who requested this had a different set of mind; therefore, I'm doing something less loving.

Since this was an OC request, please comment if you see their name instead of Y/N. Thank you.

Requested by: Thorn0000

Y/N's POV

[Third Year of College]

August 22, 2015

10:59 PM

'I heard that today was cold. Maybe it's because of the weather, but for some reason, I can't help but feel a bitter emptiness in me. It's possible that it's a gut feeling, but for now, I'm not quite sure.

Today, I noticed Makoto start to distance himself from me. We've been best friends the moment we've been born, yet... why is he choosing to ignore me now? Is it because I'm different? I mean, F/C and H/C hair might not be normal, and I'm sorry for dyeing it that color, but I just wanted to stand out a bit. I don't get it... Is ombré that bad..?

He probably won't read this anyways, so why am I ranting about him in here? I understand, but he probably doesn't. Surely, his ignorance is a bliss. Sadly enough, I had to watch from afar today. His smile was for another girl.

He will no longer give me his smiles, and I won't be the only one making him grin or laugh. That feeling will continue to dwell in me though.

Kirigiri... please... stop..! You're killing me... Give me back Makoto....

Give me back my best friend...

My first love...'

-Y/N L/N

I set my ballpoint pen down along with my journal. A heavy and exasperated sigh resounded from my pale lips. Winter was approaching soon, and that meant that couples would cuddle with each other for warm, feeling their significant other's warmth.

It hurt to know that I would have no one.

My best friend, Makoto Naegi, was dating a cold yet calm girl. Sure, she was different from all the rest of the girls at my school, but I couldn't help the thought that he would choose some girl he just saw over me.

As soon as he started dating her, I noticed the signs: the signs that I was losing my best friend.

My heart wept for him to return to me. I knew my wish was selfish, but... I just wanted my friend back. 

Silently weeping to myself, I lay myself down on the bed, closing my swollen red eyes, unprepared for the hell that was to unleash tomorrow.

August 23, 2015

8:56 AM

'Hey, it's me again... Y/N. I just wanted to write down what happened this morning.

Apparently, we're in the middle of a lockdown drill right now. Some people had broken into our school, and they were armed with guns and knives. I'm so scared.

Naegi and Kirigiri are in the other classroom with Mr. Kizakura, and meanwhile, I'm stuck with Ms. Yukizome. No one is here to comfort me... No one is here to tell me it's okay. No one's here... as my support...