{CS}Baby Steps [Kazuichi Souda] (AU)

"Sometimes a stranger understands you better than your own friends ever will."

-Anonymous

Y/N's POV

I sat in the hospital, jotting down the statuses of the patients. To think that some people had to spend their Christmas immobilized in a hospital instead of spending it with their family was tragic.

"Nurse L/N, please give Dr. Tsumiki the update on a patient named Leon Kuwata. He has been hospitalized for four days." [MIKAN GOT UPGRADED FROM NURSE, BITCH--]

"Ah, yes! I'll be right on it!" I bowed towards the head doctor of the team.

My shoes clacked down the hallways as I neared room 11037. Crazy that our hospital houses so many patients that it surpassed eleven floors.

I knocked gently on the door, alerting the male on the other side about my presence. "Mr. Kuwata, is it all right if I come in?"

He grunted in pain as if he said "yes".

I pulled down the handle and pushed the door open, putting on a brief smile to assure him everything was okay.

Once he saw my face, he also smiled. "Score. I got a hot nurse."

I rolled my eyes playfully, heading over to help him to sit upright. "Okay, ya big flirt, does anything hurt?" I asked with a small grin.

"Just my heart..." He pouted sadly.

"I'm serious, Mr. Kuwata." I said, changing my face in an instant from the small smile to a flat line across my lips.

"Sorry, sorry." He paused for a moment before continuing. "Other than a small headache, I think I'm fine."

I marked the boxes on the paper in front of me. On symptoms/other, I wrote down minor headache.

"Anything else that's bother you?"

"Actually, yes--"

"Other than the fact that I'm not into you?" I interrupted before he could finish his sentence.

His face dropped. "Never mind."

"That's what I thought." I gave him a sly smirk. "I'll inform the doctor that you're free to go."

He nodded and slumped back into the bed, covering a majority of his face with the hospital blanket.

Gently, I closed the door, but before I could even walk down the hallway, nurses and doctors were pushing someone frantically on a stretcher.

He was a male. That I could tell. His hair was quite long, but it worked out somehow in someway for him. His eyes were squinted shut, and his groans were bouncing off the hallway walls.

"Nurse L/N." One of the doctors pushing the stretcher called. "Immediately go to room 11153 and begin preparations for surgery."

I nodded, running faster than I had ever ran in my life. 

I burst through the door, quickly locating the equipment necessary for surgery such as a scalpel, clamps, retractors, etc.

Also, I set up the operation table, making sure first to wipe it down from the last procedure. Lastly, I tested the lights and other devices to make sure that it worked properly.

After I had done this in no fewer than four minutes, I walked out of the room to see the stretcher and the swarm of nurses only about twenty feet away.