Chapter 39

Amy's POV

I am currently getting ready for work even though I'm slightly worried about Carlos because ever since the meeting he had with two of the Dark Souls he hasn't really spoken to me, I was brought out of my trail of thought when my phone goes off but it's only a text, and I pick my phone up to see it's a message from Darren. 

*Text messages*

From Darren

"I need you to work late tonight."

To Darren

"Why?"

From Darren

"I have people coming over to do business. I want you to serve us coffee."

To Darren

"I have other plans for after work so can't you get one of the the waitresses to do it?" 

From Darren

"No I want you to do it, but if you don't want too you can say goodbye to your job."

To Darren

"Fine...I will work late tonight."

I put my phone down with a slight sigh, I don't have any plans for tonight I just said that because I can't be bothered working late, and I don't know how Carlos is going to react about Darren being my boss since I haven't told him yet. I put on red lipstick before leaving the house to go to work, Carlos is laying in bed sleeping since I don't know when he went to bed because after we came back from the clubhouse he stayed downstairs drinking while I went to bed. I arrived at the cafe then sighed before walking in but then smiled at some of the customers that smiled at me, I started taking customers orders before going to make the coffee when I bent down to get the cups someone slapped my ass, and I looked to see Darren standing there with a smile on his face while checking me out. 

I mentally rolled my eyes at him before making the coffee for the customers the served them their coffee, it's nearly closing time all the other waitresses are leaving while I have to stay here because of Darren threatened to fire me, and I started cleaning the tables while Darren was waiting in the back for the people he is doing business with. I was cleaning the last table when the cafe door opened, I looked to see a couple of bikers how many bikers are actually in this town I thought to myself, and one of the guys spoke in Spanish. I gave him a confused look I really need to learn Spanish I tell myself, Darren walks in then starts talking in Spanish then him, and the guys walk to the back of the cafe. I walk over to the coffee machine then start making coffee's for Darren as well as the guys that's with him, I walk to the back of the cafe with the coffee's as I walk in there is about 16 bags of drugs sitting on the table when Darren seen me he glared at me. 

"Amy wait outside, don't come in until I tell you" Darren tells me in a dark tone, I am not going to lie it did scare me slightly. 

I nod at him then walk out of the room, I waited outside like Darren told me to then I thought to myself why am I taking orders off of Darren then I remembered that he's my boss, and could fire me but then I asked myself is my job really worth me being controlled by the person I hate. I was brought out of my train of thought with my phone ringing, I looked to see an unknown number so I just let it ringing out, and then Darren along with the guys he's with walked out of the room. They all shook hands then the guys left the cafe just leaving Darren, and I. I looked at Darren he was already looking at me with a frustrated look.

"WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU PLAYING AT!?"  Darren shouted at me which made me take a step back from him since he was starting to really scare me.

"I was just giving you coffee since that was the reason I was working late remember" I say to him shyly since I'm scared of him right now.

"AMY. I KNOW WHY YOU WERE HERE WORKING LATE, YOU JUST ENTERED AN IMPORTANT MEETING WITHOUT KNOCKING, AND I KNOW YOUR CARLOS'S WHORE BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU GET TO DO WHAT YOU WANT!"  Darren says while still shouting at me. 

"I'm not his whore" I tell Darren before turning around. 

I was walking away from him when Darren grabbed my arm roughly, he pulled me back to face him then he slapped me, and I looked at him with a disgusted look Darren looked at me before letting go of my arm, and he grabbed my face. 

"Don't ever walk away from me you fucking bitch" Darren says to me before walking back into the room he was in before. 

I grabbed my things before walking home, I am still in shock that Darren actually slapped me he doesn't have the right to hit me, and I would honestly quit my job but I need the money. I don't want to be one of those girls that rely on their boyfriends for money, I want to make my own money no matter what my job is or who my boss is, and I finally get home when I get in Carlos is sitting on the couch drinking. I walk over to him after I take my jacket along with my heels off, and I sat next to him on the couch.

"How many have you had?" I question him while looking at the bottle of tequila. 

"Not enough to be drunk yet" Carlos responds while looking at me. 

"Are you planning on getting drunk?" I ask him while looking at my phone.

"Yeah I am, your home late princess" Carlos tells me while stating at the same time. 

"Okay, yeah my boss wanted me to work late tonight" I say to Carlos. 

"I made dinner for us. I already ate but yours is still in the oven if you want it" Carlos tells me, and I feel guilty for not telling him that I was working late.

I nod at Carlos then walk into the kitchen to see the table set with two candles, wine glasses I mentally sighed I could have been having a nice dinner with Carlos instead of dealing with Darren, and I got my dinner out of the oven then put it on a plate to heat it up in the microwave. I took the food out of the microwave then went into the living room, I sat next to Carlos while eating my food none of us said a word, and for some reason it was awkward between us. 

"I'm going for a bath" I tell Carlos, and he just shrugged at me while taking a drink. 

I walked upstairs to run myself a bath, I put bubble bath in it then got my pjs out of my cupboard, and put them in the bathroom. I went downstairs to go to the living room, I walked into the living room to see Carlos on my phone, and I gave him a confused look even though he wasn't looking at me. 

"Find anything interesting?" I question him, and Carlos looks at me. 

"Yeah I did the conversation between you, and Darren" Carlos tells me, and I gave him are you stupid look.

"What's interesting about Darren, and I's conversations?" I ask him.

"I know he's your boss Harry told me that last night, you said you were working late but I think you were fucking Darren considering he just text you saying he won't fire you if you don't tell me what he did" Carlos says to me. 

"REALLY YOU THINK I AM CHEATING? YOU THOUGHT THAT LAST TIME NOW YOUR FUCKING THINKING I AM AGAIN CARLOS DARREN FUCKING SLAPPED ME OKAY, AND HE'S BEING THREATENING ME A LOT LATELY ABOUT FIRING ME!"  I yell at him because he was trying to say that I am cheating on him. 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE SLAPPED YOU? AMY I DON'T THINK YOU CHEATED ON ME THAT'S JUST THE DRINK TALKING!"  Carlos shouted back at me, and I mentally sighed.

"It doesn't matter" I tell Carlos then walked away from him.

I go upstairs to the bathroom, get undressed for my bath I was about to get in my bath when Carlos comes in, I gave him a shocked look but still got in the bath anyway, and then Carlos got undressed before joining me in the bath.