Chapter Seven

Jerome

"Jerome, one more word from you and I'll stick this spoon through your nostril to your oesophagus."
"Douchebag," she spat loudly.

Heads turned to our direction, staring at the girl who dared to talk to me like that.
My friends burst out laughing uncontrollably, her friends snickered.

What am I gonna do with this girl?
She's a witch. I'm very sure they sent her from the village.

I've been absent from school for four weeks and I came to school today to be welcomed by a rude, yet strikingly beautiful newbie. Not actually a newbie, but she is four weeks old in the school.

"What did you say?" I questioned.

"What did you hear?" she retorted.

"How dare you talk to me like that?" I narrowed my eyes, making emphasis on the 'me'.

"Who the hell is 'me'?" she mockingly mimicked my emphasis.

"I see you've got no manners,"  said.

"And you've got loads of them that I'm gonna ask you to lend me some," She said, sarcasm dripping from every word.

This girl is rude!

The bell rang, indicating that the break was over.

So fast?

I haven't even eaten just because of this girl I was twaddling with.

How immature and nonsensical!

"It's rather immature and preposterous continue to prattle with you," I said, getting up from the chair.
My English language home lesson teacher is teaching me well.

"Because the break is over, that's when you now know it's immature. I don't even understand the grammar you just spoke now. There's no need for all these big big grammar, you can just insult me with common English,"  she said.

"It isn't my fault that your vocabulary isn't wide enough."

"Oh puh_lease," she showed me her palm, like the way girls do to stop a guy from speaking further, like the 'spare-me-the-details' gesture.

"What are you guys still doing here? Didn't you hear the bell?" Mr Habeeb's voice jolted us.

I looked around, some of students had left while the rest remained to finish their food.

"All of you....on your knees. I'm giving you two strokes of cane so immediately you hear the bell, you leave the cafeteria. On your knees!" he barked, stretching his thin cane. Mr Oversabi .

I wasn't afraid of this man, it was his cane. If this man flogs you, you wouldn't know which part of your body to massage, you'll feel the pain on the whole part of your body even if he flogs you on your palm.

We knelt down and collected our strokes of cane. It was a very very hot cup of tea.

I was disgraced by this girl, I was flogged because of this girl!

She isn't going to go scot free with this.
Nobody messes with me and goes scot free.

"We would have left that place since. Jay Jay you caused all these," Clinton complained, massaging his back in pain.

"Guy, don't blame. You could have left if you wanted to, instead you stayed back to watch African Magic," I hissed.

If Mr Habeeb is caught by the proprietor or proprietress with a cane, he should kiss his job goodbye.
No teacher ever used a cane whenever the owners of the school were around but they use it immediately they are out of sight, saying we are goats and we should be treated like goats.