Chapter Fifty one

Jerome

We closed early because we were still in the first week of resumption.

I wasn't able to check on Jummy during the break because a teacher was in our class throughout the break. She was lucky the principal wasn't around, if not, she would have been toast.

I went to Jumoke's class and met Chioma packing her books.

"Hey, where's Jumoke?" I asked.

"She has gone. She fainted earlier and her my mum came to pick her up."

"Jeez. Are you going to her house now?"

"Yeah."

"Let's go together."

"Okay." She took her bag and stood up and we left the class.

"Chioma!" Someone called. I knew it was Henry so I didn't bother to turn back.

"I can't follow you to Gabby's house. My mum said I should follow her somewhere and it's very important. Tell her I'm sorry and she should get well soon."

I know this bastard purposely called her Gabby!

"She would understand." Chioma told him and he left.

We took a cab from the school gate straight to Jummy's house gate.

Abeg, I can't enter public transport.

We rang the doorbell and Tunde opened the door.

He was shirtless with just black joggers on. He held the DSTV remote and headphone on his neck. He wasn't expecting to see us so there was a slight look of surprise on his face.

From the corner from my eyes, I saw Chioma taking her eyes down to his abs.

I can't lie, this guy has got great abs!

"Emm, come in." He seemed a bit uncomfortable knowing he was shirtless.

I met Jumoke lying on the couch and looking really sick, she had a blanket over her body. Her eyes lit up when she saw us. Tunde went up the stairs.

"Hey!" Her voice sounded so faint. She gave us a weak smile and began to stand up but I stopped her.

"No don't stand up, just lie down. How are you feeling now?" I asked.

Chioma sat on the arm of the couch and touched her neck. "Your body is still hot."

"Yeah. I feel like hell."

"Sorry."

"Thank you. Thank you for coming, I was so bored."

"Anything for you bestie."

"Where's your mum?" I asked.

"She went to the market. What can I offer you guys?"

"Do you have cold Fanta?" Chioma asked.

"What do you think this place is? Hunters?" I scolded.

"What? She asked us what we want. Abeg, Jummy is there fanta?"

Jummy laughed before answering, "Yeah, go and take it in the fridge. What about you Jerome?"

"No, I'm okay."

"There's no need to form. Just say what you want." Chioma said and I glared at her.

"You have to take something. Chioma, please bring Pepsi too and two Minimie chin chin."