Chapter Sixty two

Jumoke

The exam stretched into third week of third term.

It was the last day of WAEC for us, science and commercial students. The whole ss3 students were having Biology today. We were to have the exam in the afternoon, 1am.
Arts students still had Catering craft tomorrow.

If you walked into our school, you could feel the bubbly vibe and happiness in the atmosphere.

Everybody was happy. We could finally drop this school uniform and heavy bags. No more annoying socks. No more annoying teachers......even though we were going to meet more annoying lecturers in the university.

The invigilator, an elderly woman arrived at 1 :10am. She was ten minutes late.
The invigilators were always staying in Rm1, which was my room cos it was the first room to be seen.

She immediately shared the OMR forms and the theory booklets. The exam began afterwards.

I didn't expect the questions to be so easy. The questions were from all the topics I read.

After two hours, everybody was done and we all submitted at the same time. The remaining halls also submitted the same time we did.

As soon as the invigilator left, a loud noise erupted from the class. Some boys started drumming loudly on the desk. We were all jumping and shouting until Mr Jones came to stop the noise cos normal school was still going on.

"I know you're so happy right now, buy could you all quiet down?"

"We're sorry sir."

As if on cue, the bell rang for closing and everybody shouted again. Mr Jones shook his head with a smile before he went out.

We went out of our class and the juniors were also out with pens on their hand.

"Senior, please, can I sign on your uniform?" They asked us.

We allowed them to sign our uniforms. The boys signed at girls' backs while the girls could sign anywhere.

Signatures were written all over my shirt.

"Wow!" Chioma and I exclaimed as we checked out our uniform.

"Oya, line up and bring your shirts, lemme sign. Boys only o, abeg. I don't want to touch anything." Mr Alfred joked.

He and Mr Jones were the fun teachers and they were very close. I was sure going to miss them. He and Mr Jones signed on the boys uniform.

We, the girls protested that we also wanted their signatures so they decided to sign on the sleeves of our shirts.

"Hope you've all paid your graduation fee?" Mr Jones asked.

"Yes sir!"

"Jum jum! Chi chi!" Henry hugged me and Chioma. "I'm gonna miss you guys."

"Aww!" We cooed. "We'll miss you too." We hugged him.

"At least you're going to see each other in the UK. I won't see you guys again after graduation." Chioma said sadly.

"Aww."

"Don't worry, we'll spend time together before we go, okay?" Henry assured her.

"Okay." Her mood lightened up.

Mr Jones later called all the Ss3 students into the school hall for a meeting.

He told us to come on Friday to take pictures for our year book.

"What colour do you want to use for your graduation?" He asked.

After all the suggestions, we finally settled on what the graduating students used last year. Royal blue blazers, white shirt, black trousers and black tie for boys and deep red dinner gown for girls.

We went after that. As soon as I got home, I took a long bath before eating.

Dad dropped my phone on the dining table in the morning, saying I could only use it when I come back from school.
I took the phone and switched on my mobile data. Tons of messages started flooding in from all my social media accounts. I went straight to WhatsApp.

I couldn't reply any message cos they were so many so I started viewing people's statuses. Most of my class mates posted 'finally done with WAEC' and stuffs like that.

I was done with WAEC, remaining NECO. Seriously, I didn't really want to write that exam.

The power was restored and I switched on the TV and the Decoder. Mum recharged the DSTV via her phone this morning.

After it scanned, I changed it to Nickelodeon and Game Shakers was on.
I took the popcorn I bought on my way home and settled on the sofa while I watched Game Shakers.

Mum and Titi arrived at 6:03pm. I helped her carry the shopping bags to the kitchen. She bought a lot of groceries.

Titi went to take a bath before she fell asleep. Mum was very tired and told me to prepare dinner.

I prepared Melon soup and semovita for Titi and I and wheat flour for my parents.

Dad arrived immediately I turned off the gas cooker.
I went to greet him and carry his briefcase.

"Are you done with your exams?" He asked as he slumped down on the chair.

"Yes."

"Where's your mother?"

"She's sleeping."

"Bring my food, I'm very hungry."

I brought his food and water to him before I went upstairs to go online on my social media accounts.

I replied some messages and ignored some cos they were either saying 'k' or 'lol'.

I did a video call with Tunde before I went to bed.