Chapter Fifty three

Jumoke

The bell went for the assembly and everybody went downstairs before the oversabi teachers start pursuing every body downstairs.

Praises, worships and anthems were over. The principal climbed the podium to give his message.

After all the greetings he said, "Tomorrow, we are going to be the giving posts to all the prefects.....so you have to be here on time. Any prefect who comes late will be removed immediately. Also, for the first time in about.....three years, I think...... The school hasn't done an inter house sport, so, this time, we'll doing one...."

Every body screamed in excitement.

"That's what they know....only play you guys know....... If it's concerning book now, nobody will talk. See their heads." The principal joked, but there was a bit of seriousness.

"Your class teacher will come and share you into your houses."

That said, we sang a marching song and marched into our various classes.

*******

Our class teacher came in and we stood up to greet her.

"Have your seats." She said.

"I came to group you guys into your houses." She informed us.

After grouping everybody, I fell in red house, Chioma was in blue house, Henry was in yellow house.

Our class teacher left the house and everybody started talking.

"I'm going to do queen for blue house." Chioma said. "What about you?"

"I might.....just because of the wig, make up and gown....opportunity to buy the new cloth."

"Mumu."

Lazy Mrs Uche walked in very sluggishly into the class. A junior student carried a plastic chair for her and dropped at the entrance.

We stood up to greet her.

"I can't shout o. Nobody should make noise. Just sit down and be quiet. Where's that Chioma?"

"Ma." Chioma stood up and went to meet her.

"Come and write. I don't have strength to do anything." She gave Chioma the white board maker and her lesson note.

You never have strength to do anything. I wonder how you and your husband made children. Lazy human being.

*******

We got the results of the competition we went for the other day.

Six people were eliminated and it remained six. Jerome, Clinton, Kunle, Henry, Simi and me.

Today, we were going for the other elimination test. We left the school at 7:05am. The drive wasn't so long like the other day, this time, we got to the venue earlier than the last time because there was no traffic.

We put on our ID cards when we got to the building. We wrote our names down, they gave us a new seat number and went straight to the exam hall.