Chapter Twenty two

Jumoke

Monday morning.......

I jumped out of the bed. Shit!! I woke up late on resumption day.

School had finally resumed. A new term, a new class, new teachers,new topics, new textbooks, new notebooks, if possible new friends.

To be honest, the vacation was boring. My dad suggested I go for the summer coaching but I refused, I just wanted to stay at home, eat, sleep, watch TV, eat again and sleep and get fat.

I didn't everything possible to get fat, I ate and ate and ate.....seriously, people need to know that food isn't what makes you fat. I added a bit of weight, just a tiny bit and it wasn't even noticeable.

But I must say, I got finer and fresher.

If you don't know lemme tell you, if you stay indoors every time without going out too much, you'll get lighter and fresher.

My skin was glowing. Anytime I applied cream on my body, I felt like a supermodel. I rubbed the cream on the skin very slowly and carefully, pampering my skin, making sure not to leave any part untouched.

During the holidays, I spent a lot of time in the bathroom than I used to, there was time my mom had to barge into my bathroom, turned off the tap and told me to leave the bathroom within five seconds......mothers can be annoying.

Today, I don't have time to start bathing like a model. It's a Monday morning and the resumption day.

At exactly 7:15am, I was ready for school. My dad said he would drop me at school today, Tunde had already gone to school very early for their WAEC morning classes.

7:30am.....

Dad dropped me at the school gate and I waved at him before he drove off.

"Jumoke!" someone called my name and I looked back to see Sandra walk-running towards me.

"Sandy sandy.....how are you?"

"Jummy Jummy. I'm fine jare. See your skin, you're already fresh. Did you use bleaching cream?"

"Bleaching cream ke? Noo....I was just eating good food, fruits and vegetable."

"Me sef....I'll start eating those. I want to be fresh too. See your virgin hair is already growing, you don fine. Agbani Darego," she teased.

"Agbani Darego? I wish."

"Those two girls discussing, don't you know you're late? What are you discussing this early morning?" a teacher asked.

What concern this one now?

"Sir, we are already going inside," Sandra replied, "no need for you to shout like a wild monkey," she murmured and I laughed. She still got that craze in her.

"You're calling your teacher wild monkey?"

"Good for him."

Assembly had already started. I couldn't carry my heavy bag pack to the assembly ground, so I decided to drop my bag first.

A teacher called Sandra on our way to the class to help her sweep her office, she complained that the cleaners hadn't arrived.

I dropped my bag in my locker and locked it. I put the key in my skirt's pocket.

"Hey, my dear....please come," the vice principal, Mrs Samuelson, called from outside.

I know she'll say I should help sweep her office.

"Please, come and help me sweep my office. All these cleaners are not yet in school, I dunno what happened. Please, just come and help me tidy up the place."

At least she said please twice.

"No problem ma."

I followed her upstairs to the first floor in block four. The principal's office was just beside the VPs' office.

She brought the key from her bag and told me to help her hold her bag while she opened it.

She opened the door and we walked inside. The place wasn't that dirty, just little dust and some tiny pieces of things on the floor.

She opened the curtains and the window and switched on the Air conditioner.

The office was very beautiful. It had three other big inner rooms that belong to the other Vps. Hers was very tidy.

"There's a vacuum cleaner at that corner. I'll go call somebody to join you." She went out and I was left alone in the room.

I couldn't wait for the 'somebody' to come, so I began with the cleaning. Like I said earlier on, the place is not so dirty.

I arranged the books on her table and put all the white board markers, pens and pencils into a cup.

I was done with cleaning, I picked up the vacuum cleaner to take it outside and disposed the dirt in the container and I bumped into someone at the entrance.

The vacuum cleaner almost slipped from my hand and I.... Did I say I? ...we caught it at the same time.

The person was towering over me, I looked up to meet his eyes. They were familiar.

It was him. How can I ever forget this face?

__________________________________

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Tag someone or some people in the comment section that you think might like this book.

Gracias a dios!