Chapter Thirty two

Jumoke

When we reached the stairs, I realized that I forgot my textbook in the locker.

"You guys should wait for me, I want to get something"

"What is it?" Henry asked.

"I forgot my Biology textbook in the locker. Wait for me."

I ran back to the class and as I about to enter the class, I collided with a body and I almost fell backwards but strong arms pulled me to him and our lips collided.

Nobody needed to tell me that it was Jerome because I felt butterfly erupt in my stomach when he touched me and his perfume too, I knew what it smelt like.

When our lips touched, there were volcanic eruptions in my entire body. Hundreds of butterflies awakened in my stomach......cliché, I know.

We remained like that for a few seconds, relishing the moment before I pulled away but he quickly drew me back into a hug.

The hug was the best I ever had.

"Jerome, I..." I began to say.

"Shhh, don't say anything. Let's just remain like this forever." He rested his chin on my head as he caressed my back.

His friends laughed throatily.

"Sorry to ruin the lovesome moment, but I think you guys are forgetting you're not alone and we need to go home." Bayo tapped his wrist watch.

We broke apart. I stared at floor before I finally looked up.

"Umm....I need to go inside." I told him because he was blocking the way.

"I'm not holding you." A smile hid at the corner of his lips.

"Jerome, please."

"Oh, I forgot your Henry is waiting for you," he turned serious and moved aside for me to come in.

I went in and took my textbook.

"See you guys tomorrow," I smiled at Bayo, Lolade and Clinton, they nodded and smiled back in response.

I literally ran out of the class and I could feel Jerome's gaze on me.

***

"What took you so long?" Henry asked.

"I....em, I encountered some challenges...."

"Like?"

"Guy, what happened? Are you her father?" Chioma asked.

"Henry let's go. You ask too much questions."

"Sorry." He raised his both hands in surrender.

Henry told his mom that he was gonna trek home with me and my friends but she gave him some cash in case he wanted to take a cab.

We were walking on the road, talking and laughing loud, earning stares from passersby.

Then, a black car, Toyota Camry to be precise, stopped beside us.

The window rolled down to reveal the face of Jerome.

"Hey cuties. Can I give you a ride home?" He flashed his billion dollar smile.

"You don't even need to ask my dear. Abeg, open your door." Chioma had already held the handle of the door.

Chioma and Sandra entered in and Jerome looked at me with raised brows. "What about you?"

"Umm...."

"Yeah, I know. You want to go with Henry. Fine by me. Mr John, Hit the road," he whined up the window and the car zoomed off.

What just happened?

"You could have gone with him," Henry said.

"I can't do that. Jerome won't allow you in his car and I can't leave you to walk alone."

"I could have taken a cab." He looked at me with a duh face.

"No, I can't just leave you like that."

"Awww, she cares about me," he pulled my right cheek.

"Don't feel too special."

"I want to know your house. Let's go."

"Why?"

"Why what? Can't I know your house again?"

"Okay o. Let's go."

We kept trekking until I reached my house. We stopped at a shop to buy yoghurt.

Drinking yoghurt while trekking is the best.

"Thomas street? I know this place."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I come here a lot. My friend lives in Adelana street."

Adelana street was the next street after ours. It was just five minutes walk.

"I would stop by one day."

"You should. I'm very tired."

"I think I should get going," he said.

"How will you get home?" I asked.

"I'll fly."

"Be serious jor," I hit his arm

"I'll take a cab from here."

"Alright. See you tomorrow."

He drew me into a hug.

Wow! Two hugs in one day.

But the first one was the best.

________________________________________

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.

Read My life at Dowen College by oluwaseunfaithful.