03

* * *

* * *

A few days later and it was becoming harder and harder for Hattie to continue on. She was trying her best to avoid everyone but that was one of the most difficult tasks to do.

Eating was the second.

She had eaten too much than she would have liked and despite throwing it back up, she knew some things had been digested. She knew she had got some calories from it.

Her head was spinning one afternoon and she turned into her bed. Laying down and closing her eyes. She hoped that would stop everything from spinning but instead she simply fell asleep.

No one seemed to notice that Hattie wasn't around them much. Sirius was with the rest of the marauders, Harry and Ron, the group of them messing around and having fun whilst everyone else was doing their own thing. Sirius didn't notice anything with Hattie. He was more focused on his godson than his own daughter.

The only person to notice was Charlie.

The young man left to go and search for the girl, climbing up the stairs and knocking on her bedroom door. There was no response. He knocked again and go the same reaction. Pushing it open slowly he poked his head around and found her asleep. Charlie shut the door behind him as he sat on the edge of her bed. Shaking her gently he tried to wake her.

Hattie's eyes fluttered open groggily as they adjusted to the light in the room, wiping them she sat up. "What's up?" She asked Charlie quietly.

"I just wanted to see where you had wandered off too. You do that lot. Are you alright?" Charlie replied brushing some hair out of her face.

Hattie nodded biting her lip. "I'm fine." She muttered knowing full well that it was the total opposite. Tugging her hair into a messy bun she sat up further. "Is that all?"

"Come down stairs," Said Charlie, "We can have a game of wizard's chess like we used to do."

Hattie shook her head, "I'm still tired."

"Hattie, you have been sleeping a lot as well. Are you sick?"

"I said I'm fine. I'm just tired."

Tired of everything.

"Then come downstairs. If you sleep now you won't in the night and then you'll be tired again tomorrow." Charlie pressed on and pulled the covers back. "I'll carry you like I used to do when you were little. C'mon Hattie!"

Hattie rolled her eyes and reluctantly climbed out of bed following the redhead down the stairs and into the living room. Charlie got Hattie's chess set from the cupboard and the pair sat down on the floor. He set it up so that she was the same colour as she always was, Black, whilst he was white.

The game went on and after a few rounds Charlie grew suspicious as to why he was winning each round. "You aren't even trying!" He laughed as he set it back up again. "You used to beat me all the time!"

"I haven't played it in a while." She shrugged.

"A while being years." Stated Harry from the sofa, "it collects dust unless one of us use it. She doesn't even take it to Hogwarts."

Charlie furrowed his brows and turned back to the girl, "Why?"

"It's boring. I've played it so many times that I grew bored."

"But you never get bored of chess, Hattie, it's one of your favourite games."

"I guess people change, Charlie." She sighed. "I'm going to get a drink." Standing up the girl left to get a glass of water, sitting down at the table Charlie following her out not long after.

"Hattie, are you sure you are okay?"

"I'm fine." She stated rather harshly , slamming the glass down onto the table, some water sloshing out, splattering on the table. "I'm just tired." She sighed once more and sat back down just as goo poured over her head.

She didn't react. Instead she just sat there in shock as the blue mess painted her body, clinging to her curls and her clothes. Hattie knew it was because of Fred and George, their laughter filling her ears. "Guys! Merlin's beard, can you not?" Cried Charlie. "Hattie-"

She stood up and plucked some good off of her arm flicking it at both of the twins before storming up the stairs. She collected some more clothes and entered the bathroom locking the door.

The water was turned on as she stripped letting her hair out of the hair band and stepping into the shower. She let the water run over her body clearing her of the goo but she didn't do anything else. She leaned against the cold tiles and sunk down to the ground, her knees in her hands as the water poured down on her. She hoped the plug would block and the water would fill up the shower, encasing her in it.

It wouldn't happen.

Nothing would happen no matter how hard Hattie wished for it.

The water refreshed her body but it would refresh her mind. It was then for the first time in a while that tears mixed with the water as the ran down her cheeks. Her knees stayed pressed to her chest as her forehead rested on them. The water muffled her sobs as the feeling of suffocation raked her body. It was like a curse and been thrown at her, one that squeezed all of the air from her lungs much like a corset of one of Mrs Weasley's hugs, instead it was ten times worse.

She didn't like crying.

But sometimes it was crying that helped her. Not by much, but enough to see her through a few hours of the day. It was as if the tears each carried part of her feelings, leaving her numb much like the cold water that was falling on her in the shower.