57

2 years later...

No eating.

Just sleeping.

Cutting.

Sleeping.

Cutting.

Auntie Bella has given her potion that meant she was alive but barely. Her body was now so thin that she looked like a skeleton. Her cheeks had hollowed and so had her eye sockets. Her fingers were twigs and her legs shook when she walked.

Hattie had been requested at a meeting with everyone else. Narcissa had been summoned to collect her. No one had seen Hattie for a few days and when she first caught sight of the girl she had to stop herself from gasping in shock and horror.

In just a few days Hattie had dropped even more. If Hattie was ever close to death it was now. She looked horrific. Narcissa has to help her to stand and she could barely walk. Everything was breaking Narcissa's heart. She didn't want any of this for Hattie. Every little step she took was small and all she was doing was shaking.

When they finally got to the hall there were so many faces Hattie had never seen before.

Voldemort stood up at the sight of Hattie. "Good lord, Snape! Get her a chair!" He bellowed and the man Hattie had not seen in years, stared at Hattie in fright. This was bad. Very bad. "Come on Severus!"

He instantly moved, his cloak flowing behind him as he whipped out a chair for the girl to be placed in. Narcissa placed her down between Bellatrix and a man before sitting in her seat.

Hattie looked up at the man beside her. "Daddy?" She muttered. The man beside her was her father. His long curls cascading down to his shoulders and his skin was a sickly pale too, with dark circles beneath his eyes. He had light stubble on his face and wrinkles across her forehead.

The man's head shot towards her. It was not her daddy. "Harriet? My darling niece?" He looked at her shock. "Merlin's beard..."

"Uncle Regulus?" She whispered. This was a man she had heard stories about. How he was swayed by his parents and then disappeared not long after Hattie was born. He was presumed dead. Her uncle was in fact alive, barely.

He took her hand from under the table as a sign of telling her that he was there for her. You see, this is probably very confusing. You're probably wondering why he had suddenly turned up out of the blue?

Dumbledore had found him living in an old run down farm house on the moors. He had informed him about Hattie's state and disappearance and right away Regulus knew what he had to do. Hattie was his niece, he may not have been there to see her grow up but he still thought about her, wondering how she was. He was still in hiding from other members of his family who deemed him a traitor after he finally spoke his true beliefs about how he would rather be disowned than be with them. They wanted him dead. After all, he knew all of their secrets.

Regulus found his cousin Bellatrix. He begged for forgiveness and to be allowed back into the deatheaters. The dark lord did not take nicely to this and beat him, but let him in nonetheless. He needed all the allies he could get.

Upon seeing Hattie beside him and the state she was in he wanted to cry and get her out of there that very second. But he couldn't. He had to make sure his plan went to well...plan.

Hattie gripped his hand tightly, she felt awful. Everything was hurting and she was getting weaker and weaker by the day. Her end was near and she didn't want it to be this painful but she did want everything to end.

"We are gathered here today because the end is near..." began Voldemort. "As of tomorrow night we shall take Hogwarts and it's headmaster and anyone that tries to oppose us. Dumbledore shall be dead and I shall rule the world!"

Everyone seemed to cheer and clap including Hattie. Regulus took hold of her hand once more and rubbed the word 'no' onto her hand. She glanced up at him and she couldn't read what he was saying in his eyes.

There were many different conversations and agreements before the meeting finished. After the meeting Regulus requested time with his niece. The dark lord granted it and he quickly kept Hattie to himself.

"Oh darling, what have you got yourself into?" He sighed running his fingers across her cheeks.

Hattie smiled up at him, "Voldemort is a good man. He wants great things. He promised to help me feel free."

Regulus looked down at her arms. "Harriet, no, I'm going to help you but not in the way you are thinking." Hattie furrowed her eyebrows as he lifted her onto his lap. "Do you want to see anyone?"

Hattie thought for a moment. Charlie.... she shook her head. "I have Dallin, auntie Bella, auntie Cissy, Draco, uncle Lucius, everyone! I don't need anyone else."

"Darling, what about Charlie?" He asked hoping it was the right name.

Hattie looked down. "I love Dallin." She spoke.

"Your boyfriend, the Irish one? What about him?"

"I love Dallin."

"Harriet-"

"I. Love. Dallin."

< < < T H R E E > > >