43

* * *

* * *

Immediately, Remus took hold of Hattie and carried her into the kitchen, setting her by the kitchen sink and wiping her face free of vomit. Sirius instantly pulled his shirt off of his back holding it out in front of him at an arms length, cringing at the vomit stench wafting around.

Rolling her eyes, Lily took the shirt and out it into the wash and Molly cleared up the vomit from the floor. Sirius put on a new shirt and everyone went into the kitchen to find Hattie crying and Remus cleaning her up.

"I'm sorry, daddy," she cried when Sirius sat beside her on the counter.

Sirius shook his head, "as much as sick is disgusting, it wasn't your fault, you couldn't help it. It's fine, sweetheart." He wiped away her tears and kissed her forehead.

"Hattie, darling, it's getting late and you and Charlie are leaving early tomorrow, do you want to go to bed?" Suggested Peter.

The girl nodded and looked towards Charlie. The man knew what she was suggesting and nodded his head. He picked her up and bade everyone goodnight before carrying the girl up to the bathroom. She brushed her teeth and then hurried to get changed into her pyjamas whilst Charlie changed in one of the spare rooms where his bag was.

"Charlie!" Called out Hattie from her room, "hurry up!"

Chuckling the man strolled into Hattie's room and found her sat up in bed holding a book. She had a cheeky smile on her face and just as Charlie slipped into the bed beside her and she cuddled into him, Remus knocked on the door and poked his head around the door.

"You forgot your medicine, missus," he smiled and handed her the potion and tablets. Hattie took them and snuggled back down into Charlie's side.

"You think I could put the potion in a flower next time?" Hattie asked the man who picked open the book ready to read on from where she had gotten up to herself.

Charlie shrugged, "I don't know baby girl, I really don't."

Hattie sighed and closed her eyes as Carrie read out the story. Her imagination sparked and she slowly fell asleep.

"Wendy!" Hattie heard from behind her, "look out!"

The girl then felt strong arms wrap around her waist and her feet leave the ground. Hattie looked up and came face to face with Charlie. Although, it wasn't the Charlie that he was now. It was a younger version, he looked just like he did aged fifteen, no scars and burns and no tickly beard. Fifteen year old Charlie was back, what happened to adult Charlie?

"I thought girls could handle themselves?" He smirked as he lifted her higher and higher into the air.

"They can, Charlie." Hattie grumbled.

The boy raised his eyebrows, "Charlie? Who's Charlie? Is that a new lost boy? Did Tink bring him?"

Hattie furrowed her eyebrows and looked around. They were not at home. She was not in her usual pyjamas. Instead she was in a long night grown that was covered in dirt and Charlie was dressed in clothes made of leaves.

"No...forget I said anything."

"Are all girls as confusing as you, Wendy?"

Wendy? Questioned Hattie her head.

"I am not confusing! Now put me down!" Exclaimed the girl.

"Okay then, whatever you want, Wendy." Charlie smirked and let go of her body, the girl was falling rapidly to the ground, a scream emitting from her lips.

As she grew closer to the ground she could see the faces of many boys a head of her- Ron, Harry, Fred, George, Seamus, Dean and Neville.

Just before she hit the ground she was swooped back up again. And landed gently on her feet, Charlie's arm still wrapped around her waist.

"Merlin's beard, Peter!" Exclaimed Neville, "she could've died!"

Peter?

Charlie chuckled, "no she wouldn't have. I caught her didn't I? Now go, I thought you were spying on the Captain Hook and his crew? Or am I talking to myself?" He ordered, releasing Hattie's waist and crossing his arms.

"Yes, Peter," the boys mumbled and ran off into the thick green woods.

Hattie turned to Charlie with a dirty look. "What?" Asked Charlie, "I wouldn't have let you die, Wendy, you should know that. Besides, I taught you to fly, what happened?"

"No you didn't," retorted Hattie.

"Um, yes I did." Said the boy, his hands slithering around her waist, his lips sat close to her ears, "think happy thoughts!" He whispered.

Hattie closed her eyes and tried to think of some. "I can't." She told him, sadly.

"Try again."

"I am!" Hattie grumbled.

Charlie waited, he rested his head onto her shoulder.

Hattie tried and tried again. But she really couldn't find a happy memory. She did have some. She was sure of it but she was lost in the mix of bad ones.

After a while Charlie stood in front of her. The fifteen year old boy placed one hand on her waist and took her hand in his other. She still had her eyes closed when the boy whispered. "Let me help you."

Hattie felt her feet leave the ground once more and her body felt weightless and she the ground floated further away from her bare toes.

A soft melody began to play which confused Hattie into opening her eyes. She looked around and saw the fairies glittering around in the trees. She recognised some- Ginny, Hermione, Luna, Tonks. They all sat in the trees watching and Hattie was in awe. It looked beautiful!

Her eyes trailed back to Charlie who was smiling at her. "Can you think of a happy memory?"

"Only one."

"Is it strong enough?" Charlie asked.

"I don't know," she admitted, "I hope it is."

"Well until you are sure..."Charlie trailed off. As they slow danced around, mid-air.

Hattie looked at him questioningly.

"Let me help you fly."