45

* * *

* * *

Arriving in Romania, Charlie saw Hattie's eyes light up as he led her into his house. It was a small house, enough for Charlie with some extra space. Two bedrooms, one being Charlie, the second being a spare, a small open planned ground floor with a kitchen, dinning room and living room attached and both an upstairs and downstairs bathroom. Charlie had made it his with many quidditch memorabilia dotted around, some band posters and pictures of his family and friends on the walls as well.

He carried Hattie's trunk in his left hand whilst his right stayed holding onto the girls' hand and she carried the other bag on her back. He took her upstairs into the spare room which was a moderately well-sized room with a bed, desk, wardrobe and cupboard in. He had previously prepped for having Hattie stay so made sure the bed was made with soft bed sheets and that a few posters were pinned to the wall; A muggle band called ABBA, the Weird Sisters and one of a young Newt Scamander, three lots of people that Hattie did like.

"You like?" He asked the girl who placed her bag on the floor next to the bed and sat down.

She nodded her head, "it's great." She smiled and Charlie joined her on the bed pulling her into his chest.

"My room is just next door if you need anything in the night or you want to cuddle, you are welcome to any food or non-alcoholic drink whenever you want and you just treat this like your home." Charlie told her, "it's pretty late so I'll go make something for dinner and then I suggest we get some shut-eye. Why don't you have a shower, it's just down the hall to the right."

"Okie-dokie," Hattie replied swinging her legs. She watched Charlie disappear from the room and she pulled open her trunk to find her pyjamas.

She padded out of the room down to hall to the bathroom where Charlie had darted to, to double check that all sharp items were removed and that there was some towels for Hattie to use before heading downstairs.

She placed her pyjamas on the closed toilet and slipped out of her clothes and turned on the shower. She had a quick wash and was out within a quarter of an hour. She put her dirty clothes into the wash basket in the spare room and descended the stairs.

Charlie was in the kitchen placing some nuggets and chips into the oven. He didn't hear Hattie come down the stairs or sit on the sofa until her turned around and jumped at the sight of her. "Merlin's beard, baby girl, I didn't hear you come down. Was the shower okay? It's faulty sometimes."

"It was good," she replied turning her head to face him.

Charlie sat on the sofa and immediately Hattie crawled over to sit on his lap. "Can you dry my hair please?" She asked him.

Charlie didn't respond. He picked up his wand from the coffee table and muttered the simple charm that dried her hair before placing his wand back down and wrapping his arms around her.

"Have you spoken to Seamus?"

Hattie nodded, "he says he misses me like usual and that he thinks he's going to fail his O.W.Ls."

"Why does he think that?" Charlie furrowed his eyebrows. He had met Seamus plenty of times to know that the boy was far from unintelligent and that he would quite easily pass his exams.

She shrugged, "that's what I put in my reply. I also told him how I will be in Romania so he should send any letters to Daddy and he will pass them on."

"I bet Ron'll be jealous when Seamus tells him that you're in Romania. He wanted to visit last summer but mum wouldn't let him because it is 'too dangerous'. Which, yes, it is. But only f you're stupid and not cautious like Ton probably would be knowing his track record in school." Charlie chuckled.

"Will I get to see the dragons?" Hattie asked him, her bright blue eyes looking up at the man largely.

"Of course, that's what we're doing tomorrow. You're coming to work with me." He poked her nose.

Hattie giggled and sighed in content, "will I get to fly on one? Uncle Prongs said if I'm good you might let me."

"Only if you're good." Charlie joked, "which I know you will be."

Hattie grinned and snuggled her head into the crook of Charlie's neck. "I get to fly that way?"

"Fly? You've been talking about flying a lot lately. What do you mean by 'flying', you don't like quidditch so it's probably not using a broomstick."

"When you fly you are free. To be free you have to fly. I want to be free of this," she pointed at her wrist and at herself, "I want to fly."

Charlie 'oh'd and ran his fingers through her curls, "you said you dreamed about flying. Can I know about this dream? Or do you want to keep it a secret in your pretty little head?"

Hattie quietly told Charlie about her dream and he listened in awe. It was a beautiful dream, a little strange that he was only fifteen in it, but it was beautiful nonetheless.

"Hattie, you don't need fairy dust, a broom, a dragon or any form of flying animal to fly. You'll always have me." He whispered.

"I love you, Charlie."

"I love you too, Hattie."