42

* * *

* * *

It was late in the evening and no one had told Hattie yet. They wanted it to be a big surprise for her and after she had eaten some dinner and had drank a big hot chocolate it was now dark and the sky was littered with stars.

She practically begged Charlie to go outside with her and star gaze and, of course, he agreed. He made sure she put on a coat and some shoes before he let her drag her out into the front garden.

The pair laid down on the grass which was crisp and cold, Hattie had her hood up so that her ears didn't get cold and he hand was holding Charlie's. He laid with one knee bent up and smiled over at Hattie whose eyes never left the sky.

"Look that's Andromeda!" She gushed and he was oh so thankful the girl had returned to being the chatterbox she used to be.

"Yup, that it is, baby girl. Have you heard much from Seamus?" He asked her, he knew the boy was good for her, he had met him plenty of times and after what he had done he was glad that she was now in a relationship with him.

"Yes, he and Dean are well, so is Neville who is enjoying herbology a little too much," she chuckled, "he said that they have started studying for their O.W.Ls and that it isn't the same without me there. He says he misses me, hopes I'm doing okay and that Dallin has been punched a few times by Fred, George, Ron and himself. He said that Harry jinxed him and Ginny keeps setting the bat-bogey hex on him!"

"That's great, I'm sure he would love it if you sent him something from Romania." Charlie replied, and watched as her face contorted in confusion.

"What do you mean?" She asked him, "did you bring something with you?"

"No, but you can get something when we get there." He smiled.

Her face stayed confused. "I don't get what you're saying."

"You're coming to Romania with me!"

Hattie squealed and scrambled over to the man and hugged him tightly. Charlie adjusted himself and wrapped her in his arms, sitting up and cradling the petite brunette in his arms.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She exclaimed and peppered his cheeks with kisses.

"Don't thank me, thank Sirius, after all he was the one who agreed to it."

Charlie was expecting the girl to roll her eyes or ignore his comment but he found that she surprised him by leaping up and running into the house. He chased after her and saw her dive into the side beside her father and wrap her arms around him.

"Thank you, daddy," she said, nuzzling her head into the crook of her father's neck. "I'm sorry for being naughty and calling you horrible things and shouting at you and everything!"

Sirius smiled widely, "that's fin, darling, I understand, I'm sorry for everything I didn't do and what I did do to you, Hattie. If I could change it I would."

"I know, daddy, let's just forget about it all! I'm going to Romania!" She exclaimed and climbed onto his lap. "I get to see dragons!"

"Only if you behave and listen to Charlie," Said James from beside them, he had moved over further towards Lily when the girl had rushed into the room.

"I will! I promise!"

Remus chuckled and stood up, he gently tugged the hood off of Hattie's head and took the coat off of her as well. She kicked off her shoes and Remus swiped the up putting them by the door and the coat on the rack as well before returning and sitting beside Tonks who had come to visit.

Sirius enjoyed having the cuddle and feeling of his daughter back in his arms. It killed him that she didn't want to even know him, if he had known that such a simple thing like letting her go with Charlie would aid her forgiveness to him, he would have agreed weeks ago.

Charlie sat beside his mother and cuddled into the woman, despite being a grow man, he would not ever pass up the opportunity to have a hug with his mother and seeing the father and daughter relationship return between Hattie and Sirius he felt it was the right thing to do in the moment.

Molly smiled brightly and wrapped her arms around her second eldest son, "you look after yourself and her," she whispered then pressed a kiss to his head.

"Of course, mum," Charlie returned.

"Uncle Prongs?" Asked Hattie resting her head on her fathers chest.

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"Because you're annoying can you beg uncle Moony to make his pancakes in the morning please," she grinned widely trying to convince the man.

"Nope. Because you called me annoying." He raised his chin and crossed his arms.

"Because you have to be annoying when you beg for something otherwise it doesn't happen. That's what you told Harry when he asked why you annoy auntie Lily so much!"

Lily raised her eyebrows at her husband who kissed her cheek lovingly, "it's true though." He winked. Lily whacked him with a newspaper, rolling her eyes.

Remus smiled and poked Hattie, "I'll make them for you, and everyone else but Uncle Prongs because he is indeed annoying!"

James gasped dramatically making Hattie giggle. "You are, Uncle Prongs!"

"No more cuddles for you then, Harriet!"

"That's not fair! I was told not to tell lies by you!"

Sirius barked with laughter, "she's got you there, Prongs, face it you cannot resist my daughter. She's too cute. Takes after me."

Hattie turned to her father with a sarcastic, "really?", look on her face. Sirius saw this and scoffed. "Oh no, you did not!"

Hattie squealed and jumped off of her father and ran from the room, Sirius chasing after her. The adults could hear Hattie's giggled echo around the house and her scream when Sirius caught her and picked her up, throwing her over his shoulders like a sack of potatoes.

"I gotcha!" Sirius cried out, "no escaping now!"

"Look daddy there's a chew toy!" Hattie exclaimed.

"Oh, ha. Ha! Very funny!" Sirius said dryly.

"It was worth a try!"Hattie shrugged, "Charlie save me!"

"I'm coming Princess Hattie!" She headed Charlie call and he found them. As he started to approach them Sirius broke off into a run, Hattie laughing wildly over his shoulders.

"Careful otherwise she'll be-"

Hattie threw up, her vomit coating both the floor and Sirius' back.

"-sick." Finished Lily.

"Oops."

A/n-
Please remember Hattie is very innocent and child-like as it contrasts with the idea of her being depressed and bulimic which is a matter that people only learn about when they are older and more "mature".